• Similar Content

• By farrdeamer
      Hi all,
      I recently pulled my OG Xbox out of the garage to set it up for my 9yo to have a play on. Looking forwards to showing it off to her, I tested it and it worked fine but thought I had better remove the clock cap for safety (no leaking but checked to make sure). Then let her have a go at a game - worked fine. Then after rebooting, error 12.... 
      I took the drive and put it on the PC and quickly took an image of it using HDDRawcopy, which showed around 8 bad sectors and the drive was reporting SMART errors too, so it's toast.
      I got a larger SATA drive and put it in using an amazon purchase IDE-SATA adapter, but still get the error 12 - is there any way to read the drive on a PC and repair the damage/reinstall whatever is used to boot (as there was a lovely setup of xecutor2 dashboards on there I would rather not lose).
      Otherwise, if there is no way to recover it.  I tried using Tru Hexen 2020 to try and setup another drive, but the DVD won't boot (HDD is set to slave, I get error 17) 
      Any help gratefully appreciated (it's a hard modded unit- xectutor 2 from memory)...

• By Fredrito
      I recently tried to softmod my old xbox and bricked the hdd due to not ejecting the game disc in the end of the installation process. Now the dashboard is gone and I can't even boot retail games using the machine.
      I just bought an xbox with a modchip (xecuter 2) and I'm wondering if I could swap the hdd in the modded xbox with the bricked xbox and install the ms dashboard from a disc.
    • By titchgamer
      Just a theoretical pondering as I could not find any info on it.
      I know you can null a HDD key on a soft mod’d xbox so I was wondering if it was possible to null and lock a hdd using a tsopd xbox then transfer it into the soft mod’d xbox?
      Cheers

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.