OGXbox.com

Aladdin - Flash Not Writable

prtscn

If you have another xbox on hand with an aladdin or LPC2 ect., try to hot flash the 49lf020 in another xbox.

I had a same issue with an 49lf020 (on a LPC2 Mod Chip) and after i hot flashed the chip it works fine now and can be flashed in the other box.

EDIT: Which 49lf020 you have - 49lf020 / 49lf020A / 49lf020B?

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

14 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

If you have another xbox on hand with an aladdin or LPC2 ect., try to hot flash the 49lf020 in another xbox.

I had a same issue with an 49lf020 (on a LPC2 Mod Chip) and after i hot flashed the chip it works fine now and can be flashed in the other box.

EDIT: Which 49lf020 you have - 49lf020 / 49lf020A / 49lf020B?

49lf020A

yesterday i ruined x3 now i have to deal with this, i only wanted custom evox logo. :DDD

That needs to be in the evox.ini in case you want to flash it with evox.ini

flash = 0xbf52,"SST SST49LF020A",0x40000;

flash = 0xdab0,"SST SST49LF020A",0x40000;
flash = 0xbf57,"SST - 49LF002B",0x40000;

Or you use : SundayFlash v1.2 for SST49LF004B (atteched)

or

Option three you use :

eurasia pro generic flash disc v1.3 ( DL : https://1fichier.com/?tgnf6tx60ab81ssqem2d&af=3160491 )

XFlash & co will not work on A/B chips.

SundayFlash_v1.2_for_SST49LF004B.rar

EDIT : You can also disable the write proction by bridging bt with l1 on the chip (But mainly you should not need to do that!).

! -> And if you press to long on power the write poction is ON.

7 hours ago, prtscn said:

can't get to flash it. I tried 2 seconds power button hold, no dice. Chip boots bios OK, but cant flash it.

Which version of the Aladdin modchip do you have?  Please post a picture of it.  Need at least one picture showing the entire modchip side with all the chips visible on the PCB.  A picture of the non-component side too if not soldered into the Xbox using the quick solder install method.

14 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which version of the Aladdin modchip do you have?  Please post a picture of it.  Need at least one picture showing the entire modchip side with all the chips visible on the PCB.  A picture of the non-component side too if not soldered into the Xbox using the quick solder install method.

i flashed 3 aladdins with hexen 2017, all have same problem. 2 original old skoll, 1 fake. Before flashing it was detected OK. I noticed bios boot animation slows down without dvd rom.

lifted BT pad was already like this, it was previously glued with super glue, after resoldring it poped out again.

123.jpg

1234.jpg

34 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Have you tried to flash it with Xblast?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I ruined one LPC chip, afraid to use it again. Resurrected by hotswapping them, reflashed with hexen and now i cant flash them, i did xblast again and still ruined chip.

Under flash device it says:

MF ID: BF

DEV ID: 52

Name: SST_49LF020A

Total size: 256KB

which is good, since it can detect my unit.

But in maine menu say :Modchip: unsupported modchip.

Should i try to desolder BT and l1 from the motherboard and shor them together like said previously? To make super shure it's enabled to be flashed.

I always link the BT to ground on the Aladdin chips and the only reason to connect to the power button was for Xbox Live.

The L1 is for the LED to indicate that the chip is active or not and flashable so not needed.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 minute ago, SS_Dave said:

I always link the BT to ground on the Aladdin chips and the only reason to connect to the power button was for Xbox Live.

The L1 is for the LED to indicate that the chip is active or not and flashable so not needed.

Cheers

SS Dave

Ok, but how do i force flash enable?

32 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Got that from here and after that the guy was able to flash his chip (german forum btw. (so google translator will help out here) but Warlock is very well known for his good work).

https://htmh.de/forum/index.php?thread/41-sst-49lf020a-49lf002b-flashen/&postID=122

7 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Download this version of raincoat and FTP to your Xbox and then run the .XBE it has the device 52 in it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2ng8g2zsgi10sm/Raincoat flash.rar?dl=0

Cheers

SS Dave

nope. probably damaged chip by hotswapping LPC not entire chip assembly.

You could still fix it with a hot swap but you will need to load from a board with a modchip that can be removed and preferably a version 1.0 -1.4 with the D0 linked to ground and not to the modchip, The version 1.6 can be a bit finicky with the Lframe(D0) conection.

Boot from the good chip then load the bios flash and select the BIOS file then swap the chip and compleat the flash.

I have saved a few Aladdin chips that people have stuffed doing that way.

Cheers

SS Dave

3 hours ago, prtscn said:

I ruined one LPC chip, afraid to use it again. Resurrected by hotswapping them, reflashed with hexen and now i cant flash them, i did xblast again and still ruined chip.

Under flash device it says:

MF ID: BF

DEV ID: 52

Name: SST_49LF020A

Total size: 256KB

which is good, since it can detect my unit.

But in maine menu say :Modchip: unsupported modchip.

Should i try to desolder BT and l1 from the motherboard and shor them together like said previously? To make super shure it's enabled to be flashed.

There's an old thread on the r/originalxbox reddit forum with a same error message.  Turned out the 3rd party controller they were using caused the flashing problem.

Are you using a 3rd party controller?

Edit: I believe the reason for that error is to indicate that not all functions of the XBlast Lite modchip are supported when the XBlast_OS is used with that modchip, not that the modchip is not flashable.

4 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

There's an old thread on the r/originalxbox reddit forum with a same error message.  Turned out the 3rd party controller they were using caused the flashing problem.

Are you using a 3rd party controller?

Edit: I believe the reason for that error is to indicate that not all functions of the XBlast Lite modchip are supported when the XBlast_OS is used with that modchip, not that the modchip is not flashable.

i'm using first party controllers, i will double check, because i have silver and black. Tomorrow.