OGXbox.com

XBox Freezes After Start Up Flubber.

titchgamer

4 minutes ago, titchgamer said:

As above, The chipped xbox I mod'd a while ago with the SD card reader is locking up after the flubber screen. It displays the Ind Bios screen then just locks up totally.

What is likely to cause this? Hardware or something to do with the SD card?

Cheers guys :)

Is it possible you deleted that ind config on e:\? Usually ind is looking for that file and just halts until it sees that. 

3 hours ago, Dixie Normous said:

Is it possible you deleted that ind config on e:\? Usually ind is looking for that file and just halts until it sees that.

As far as I am aware the iND config file should be on C drive and the X2 config is on E: drive.

3 hours ago, titchgamer said:

As above, The chipped xbox I mod'd a while ago with the SD card reader is locking up after the flubber screen. It displays the Ind Bios screen then just locks up totally.

If the Xbox is locked on the IND bios white screen for more than 180 seconds then the hard drive has a problem and try using a install disk to repair the hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

5 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

As far as I am aware the iND config file should be on C drive and the X2 config is on E: drive.

If the Xbox is locked on the IND bios white screen for more than 180 seconds then the hard drive has a problem and try using a install disk to repair the hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

So its likely a drive issue then,

how do I repair the drive with the slayers disk?

Prob wont have time today but plenty of time over the weekend :)

38 minutes ago, titchgamer said:

So its likely a drive issue then,

how do I repair the drive with the slayers disk?

The drive has failed completely or for some reason the boot files from C drive are missing. Also check all the power and IDE connectors are plugged in fully

Yes Slayers is what I would use, when you go to load the install disk have it in the DVD drive and power cycle the Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

13 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

The drive has failed completely or for some reason the boot files from C drive are missing. Also check all the power and IDE connectors are plugged in fully

Yes Slayers is what I would use, when you go to load the install disk have it in the DVD drive and power cycle the Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

Is there a option to repair or is it a start from scratch jobby?

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

There is a rebuild option on slayers.

Cheers

SS Dave

Thanks Dave will check that out :)

no idea how its happened unless the SD card has failed but for a brand new samsung I would hope not!

Well i got it running again, it was defo a dash issue.

I used the slayer disk to install the Evo X dash as default and it works fine now, Interestingly though if I try to install unleash X which is what I was using before it goes to a black screen after the start up sequence :s

Dunno what thats about so went back to Evo X.

Now I have the SD card running again I was wondering is there a way to make a backup of the Image using my laptop so if it ever goes weird or corrupted on me again I can just restore the image?

Cheers guys.

10 minutes ago, titchgamer said:

Now I have the SD card running again I was wondering is there a way to make a backup of the Image using my laptop so if it ever goes weird or corrupted on me again I can just restore the image?

You could try something like HDD raw as that would make a ISO file that could be use to make a new exact copy of what you have now.

12 minutes ago, titchgamer said:

I used the slayer disk to install the Evo X dash as default and it works fine now, Interestingly though if I try to install unleash X which is what I was using before it goes to a black screen after the start up sequence :s

What BIOS are you using on the Xbox?

Cheers

SS Dave

1 minute ago, SS_Dave said:

You could try something like HDD raw as that would make a ISO file that could be use to make a new exact copy of what you have now.

What BIOS are you using on the Xbox?

Cheers

SS Dave

Well I swapped out the SD reader into my other xbox as the DVD drive in the SD one is knackered.
Not sure what bios thats running on though, The usual xbox is running ind bios though.

3 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I was just thinking as there is 2 Ind BIOS's a 5004, 5003, the 5003 has some bugs in it.

and possibly the config file need to be set to launch the UnleashX dash.

Cheers

SS Dave

Not sure, But it was the Ind Bios you recommended to install when I first got it so I assume you advised the 5004 at the time heh.
Are there any nice skins for Slayers Evo X 2.6 dash coz by heck its ugly LMAO.

5 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I was just thinking as there is 2 Ind BIOS's a 5004, 5003, the 5003 has some bugs in it.

and possibly the config file need to be set to launch the UnleashX dash.

Cheers

SS Dave

Not sure, But it was the Ind Bios you recommended to install when I first got it so I assume you advised the 5004 at the time heh.
Are there any nice skins for Slayers Evo X 2.6 dash coz by heck its ugly LMAO.
Also is there a way I can edit the contents of the Menu to get rid of the stuff I dont need on there? Trainers, Run from DVD etc?

Edited by titchgamer

4 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Using file explorer can you locate the evolution X folder?

What do you mean?

Cheers

SS Dave

I just preferred the more simplified layout of the others.

I found it harder to find what I was looking for on XBMC4gamers.

17 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I like the look of this better

Games Menu

IMG_20200905_044650.jpg.497bf091f10ffe985cc40e170b29ece4.jpg

Emulators Menu

IMG_20200905_045323.jpg.e8c239060ee3a6416e0640f0d13f99eb.jpg

There is also a Apps, Homebrew menus.

Cheers

SS Dave

That was part of the problem, I couldnt find the emulators or apps menu 😛

Edited by titchgamer

4 minutes ago, titchgamer said:

That was part of the problem, I couldnt find the emulators or apps menu 😛

Press the Back button to select the different folders

All my builds now have XBMC4Gamers as the only Dash and I set it to auto load the user that you create.

You put the 4Gamers on E: drive in place of XBMC so E:xbmc

You put the Games in F:Games or G:Games

Apps in E:, F:, G: Apps folder

Emulators in F:, G: Emulators folder

Homebrew in F:, G: Homebrew folder

And XBMC4Gamers will find all you stuff

Then edit the ind-bios.cfg file on the C drive to change the default dash.

DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\xbmc\default.xbe

Now you Xbox will load directly to XBMC4Gamers.

Cheers

SS Dave