OGXbox.com

Help I Make a Upsie

dertio

Hi people, welp I make a upsie in my Xbox trying run pgr2, first try copy several times the game over ftp but noting works so I think well maybe is the installation of dashboard so I put another installer in my x, I guess is evox someting, was a old dvd from 2010 or 2008 based on evolutionx dash and green radioactive backgroun, anyway the trouble is, boot to original dashboard but can't boot from DVD coz I flash the DVD check disable bios so cant make a cold boot from hexen dvd to try reflash the custom dash also can't boot from original game still saying the disk is not a original one, ohhh almost forgotten say my version, is a 1.6 board with aladdin xt2 plus, evox m8 firmware with dvd check disable, I guess I need make the hot swap between my pc and the Xbox hdd, ohhh alsothis console came with a bigger hdd When I bought it but that hdd is dead (head crash 😭 ) so I put another "working" IDE drive I had laying arround the house and say working coz this disk had some bad sectors is not like 1000 bad sector just 3 sectors and works fine until I made the stupid think but that's not the point, so my question is any possibility to recovery the dash without pc xbox hdd swap, is not a problem do that I had a old desktop pc with IDE interface but I can't find my cd with linux s.o and all the stuff for softmod I burn years ago (2006 or 2007 and still working that cd) or There is a better way to flash a custom dash and boot the hexen disk

Edited by dertio

Well i make the situation worse, I don't remember when but I locked the HDD so I need use hot swap method, and luckily I found my cd with xboxhdm idk what version is but boots and works so I'm using that, now that cd don't want make a partition in the HDD I can format with option 5 format fatx table partition but I can't redo then and e partitions

So thinking about I had a 120gb sata hdd and usb converter so the idea is make akother hdd and use the cloning option in the xboxhdm with all the stuff installed ready to go, so I download the vertion 2.3 beta and the .zip from reddit....

22 hours ago, dertio said:

nyway the trouble is, boot to original dashboard but can't boot from DVD coz I flash the DVD check disable bios so cant make a cold boot from hexen dvd to try reflash the custom dash also can't boot from original game still saying the disk is not a original one

The BIOS's DVD check disabled option doesn't prevent the Xbox from booting a DVD when you power on the console.  It is used to disable the BIOS's check to make sure that an Xbox DVD drive is connected to the IDE and DVD power/control cable of the Xbox.

5 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

The BIOS's DVD check disabled option doesn't prevent the Xbox from booting a DVD when you power on the console.  It is used to disable the BIOS's check to make sure that an Xbox DVD drive is connected to the IDE and DVD power/control cable of the Xbox.

Okay but that not explain why refuses to boot from the dvd, but the dvd drive is working fine Despite being old....

That's not matter now, the HDD is formated and the Xbox display error 14 or was 21, something related with the hdd, today in the afternoon I going to try the cloning option in the xboxhdm I had burned, may be a good chance to revive my console with this

Meanwhile, I found a screenshot from the auto installer I try yesterday, was the slayer's evox auto installer v2.6 and still unknown why fail to install the custom dash 🤔🤔🤔

4 hours ago, dertio said:

Well i make the situation worse, I don't remember when but I locked the HDD so I need use hot swap method, and luckily I found my cd with xboxhdm idk what version is but boots and works so I'm using that, now that cd don't want make a partition in the HDD I can format with option 5 format fatx table partition but I can't redo then and e partitions

So thinking about I had a 120gb sata hdd and usb converter so the idea is make akother hdd and use the cloning option in the xboxhdm with all the stuff installed ready to go, so I download the vertion 2.3 beta and the .zip from reddit....

Ufff I wire this awfully

Well fixing what I want say in that post:

I download the xboxhdm 2.3 beta for usb so the idea is make a second hdd with my laptop installing all the stuff and partitions in it, them conect to the sata port in the hot swap pc and do the cloning hdd stuff with the "hack the Xbox cd"

Okay my x is alive again, how I managed restore the hd, well using the xboxhdm usb 2.2 slax with all the stuff I need in a small sata hdd, so I boot from there and then i did all stuff for a new hdd also install the dash, I dunno why But the x was refused to boot and sitting on error 21, them with the HDD unlocked I boot windows 7 and navigate via x360 manager, open the HDD, and copy all the stuff from the cd I had (the same utility but old maybe is 1.7 or something) the think is I remember that cd was ready to go with unleash dashboard, anyway I copy the c folder to my hdd and them boot from the Xbox, and wala is alive, the next think I did was flash the tsop without the noDVD in case I made another stupid think and reinstall the hexen dashboard

Edited by dertio

On 9/3/2020 at 9:30 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Unless the EvoxM8plus.bin BIOS comes from the 2020 Hexen disk it locks out the DVD full stop.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

Unless the EvoxM8plus.bin BIOS comes from the 2020 Hexen disk it locks out the DVD full stop.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Yup was that bios, that's whI couldn't "flash" again the dashboard

10 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Hexen strikes again.

Can you FTP to the Xbox?

Cheers

SS Dave

Right now yes coz it is repaired, I fixed my console with xboxhdm2.2 usb and my old lga775 with IDE port, via hot swap method, with that I can create all the partitions and stuff needed, and the last stuff I need do was copy the dashboard to c via xplorer 360 in windows 7 and that's it, the last thing I do is flash the bios without the noDVD

If you download this and extract the files then FTP it to the Xbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2ng8g2zsgi10sm/Raincoat flash.rar?dl=0

then use file explorer to find and then run the default.xbe.

You can then reflash the BIOS with the ":evox_m8+67-NO-DVD.bin" and your DVD with start working again.

Yes this BIOS works 100%.

Cheers

SS Dave