OGXbox.com

Rescuing Xecuter 3 Chip

prtscn

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 11:16 PM, prtscn said:

Where do i get the biggest idiot award? Because i hotswap modchip the wrong side, and it's finito. But i fixed my og alladin chip when it froze during flashing by hotswapping.

Well this method works. :)

Just double check how chip connects.

On 9/2/2020 at 1:40 AM, KaosEngineer said:

One way to get a BIOS onto the chip, not the easiest, unsolder the backup 256KB flash memory chip from the modchip, flash it with the FlashBIOS 3.0.3.bin file with an external flash programmer, then finally resolder it to the modchip.

Could you tell me wich kind of flash memory is it? (brand/model)

There are two flash devices on the X3 modchip - the backup flash device which is to contain FlashBIOS 3.0.1 or 3.0.3 - the backup BIOS (256KB in size). There's also a 2MByte - 16-Mbit flash memory chip that hold the BIOSes that are flashed to the various banks of the X3 modchip.

This flash memory chip, at least on the purple colored X3 modchip, is an AM29F016D-70.