Ntsc Mode but Still Play Games In My Language!

Hey,

I have two modded OG XBox, one with Chip, one with TSOP, if i play "EU" Games on the XBox with TSOP they run in german language,

If I play them on the XBox with Chip, they run in english (same games).

Both XBox are set to "german" in MS-Dashboard, they are both set to NTSC Console with Enigmah-X.

Any idea why this is and how I can do the same to my chipped XBox?

They use different Bios, the chipped one showes "Xcecuter" at the start, the TSOP showes "openXY" not sure right now but something with "open", and the TSOP one has a blue XBOX Logo at the startup, it's no longer green. (Didn't do the TSOP by myself.

Any help would be good!

Find the kernel version (BIOS version) for both consoles and report the values.

Which replacement dashboard are you running on each console?

If UnleashX, press the Y button to display the System Info page, scroll down to the Kernel Version line to find the BIOS/Kernel info.

If XBMC, it's found on the System Info page.

If Evoxdash, it's found on the Settings page.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Onaga said:

hey use different Bios, the chipped one showes "Xcecuter" at the start, the TSOP showes "openXY" not sure right now but something with "open", and the TSOP one has a blue XBOX Logo at the startup, it's no longer green. (Didn't do the TSOP by myself.

I don't know of any Xbox BIOS that's open<something>.  Find the kernel version from each console's replacement dashboard. It will help to ID the BIOS in use.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

I don't know of any Xbox BIOS that's open<something>.  Find the kernel version from each console's replacement dashboard. It will help to ID the BIOS in use.

okay, true, i'll check it out and come back afterwards.

6 hours ago, prtscn said:

set xbox to english in MS dash.

damn, I was about to write this! You are true, and I'm so dump.... I don't know why but I was sure that I setup MS-Dashboard to "german" on my chipped XBox... but I didn't...

After checking the System Info, I saw that "Language is set to english", changed it to german and it works... EU games are now in german!

Thanks anyways for the help! Cheers :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By corona2222
      I picked up a dead xbox, $20, I want to see if it can be fixed. (I believe its 1.6 board, xcalibur chip and MFD 2005 )
      Pressing the power button spins the rear fan but stops spinning when I stop pressing the button. No other signs of life.
      No signs of being opened before. The power board powers up my other good v1.6 xbox fine, so a bad power board can be ruled out. Plugging my other good power board into the dead xbox has the same fan spin only result. I transferred the DVD to my good xbox and that works ok.
      I notice 4 of 5 caps bellow the CPU are blown - I've got 5 new 3300uf 10v caps coming in the post to replace them ($6 ebay), I looked on Digikey but $24 just for postage 😞 The closest Jaycar stock is 4700uf 16v.

I noticed the 1.0f 2.5v gold cap in there too, do the 1.6v suffer the same leaky problems as earlier xbox version timer caps? needs changing?

I don't expect to diagnose anything further until the 5 3300uf caps are replaced, but wondering if in the mean time there is anything else to check? or perform after caps replaced.

• By xicat487
      I am looking for  _resource files specific for xbmc4games for the apps not the games like EVOX DVD2XBOX AVALAUNCH and others. Has anyone come across these ? Was never great with Photoshop to make them, if I did would rather look at the missing artwork default image. 
    • By technoob
      Hello, it's meee.. lol, no Adele, just kidding
      I was wondering: what are the Xbox-only games (exclusive games made only for Xbox and not for other consoles, only playable on an Xbox)  which really deserve to be played and why... VS which games of the same category should be avoided (as they're cr*ppy or just unplayable, bad, lame, etc...)
      Asking this question because, of course, I've already played a game which I forgot I had for another console and I want to play Xbox authentic games (while maybe leaving the rest for other consoles or PC equals).

You can leave a little review and a gameplay screen of each game , so I can have a direct knowledge/preview of the game (especially as regards graphics, as I saw some exclusive games have really their own graphic style ,for that generation of consolles, which is unseen on other consoles)

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.