OGXbox.com

Polymodding a Original XBox Motherboard

Spackie21

Hello.

I am doing an expression of interest post here, have any of you done a polymod recap to a Original Xbox motherboard?

I have a 1.0 and a 1.1 im looking to recap before I can put them up for sale (I do this with all my Xbox consoles once I receive them to ensure that they go for another 20+ years or however long) and noticed that the 1.0 and 1.1 units are 1500uf 6.3v for each four capacitors near the CPU and GPU, I have seen on AliExpress that they do indeed have 1500uf 6.3v polymer capacitors available.

Would it be worthwhile to recap them with solid capacitors? the capacitors I am looking at are low ESR which is recommended for Xbox recapping, and if anyone here has done so please share your information and pictures of the motherboard after polymodding if possible :)