OGXbox.com

Input Latency With 4k Tv, Hdmi Possible Solution.

bulkchart32

i like to play halo 2 on xlink kai but my vizio 4k tv just makes it not fun. i have adjusted all the settings in the menu to give minimum latency but it's still there. someone pointed out that part of the latency is caused by the fact that the xbox is sending an analog signal to the tv and the tv has to convert it to digital before it can put it to the screen(i know there is inherit input lag in a va panel led tv but that's not what i'm talking about right now). i said all that to ask this question, would one of the hdmi mods for the xbox help solve some of that latency problem by sending a digital signal to the tv? my current setup is using the microsoft hd component adapter and component cables. the tv is a px75-g1. btw, i know it's best to play on a crt but that is difficult right now for several reasons.

8 hours ago, bolofski said:

This was the exact problem I was having, I made one of the wii2hdmi adapters using retro pro franks guide and it sorted the problem, so i would say yes any sort of hdmi mod would solve this :)

interesting. i've seen that cable mod he does. what tv are u playing on? and do u actually play online through kai?

Most new TVs, unless you pay out the @ss, use just fast enough components to work to display a cable TV or over-the-air signal where you don't notice the lag.  Sit an LCD TV next to a CRT TV viewing the same content and you'll most likely notice the lag.  

Digital output from an Xbox's analog component signal with an Xbox AVIP-to-HDMI adapter should only have the lag (should be too small to notice) from its conversion from analog-to-digital.  Lag from a digital HDMI input on the TV should also be minimal to the screen but on cheap TV sets it too may be significant.  All depends on the speed of the electronics used.

• Like 1