OGXbox.com

XEnium Modchip Issue

Xtwizted

Hello all, I am in the process of getting my old modded Xbox back up and running. It is a v1.6 xbox with a Xenium modchip in it. I am running into a problem. If I boot into the xenium dash, it doesn't register any controller input (I am using an aftermarket controller I couldn't find the actual Microsoft one). If I log into the xecutor dash instead, the controller works perfectly fine, no issues. Any ideas what could be going on? Not sure if it matters however the system does have a bad DVD disk drive in it, the board that the eject motor is on is somehow cracked in half and always reads open tray (still trying to find a replacement for cheap) could that have something to do with it? It just doesn't make sense to me that the controller works in the normal dashboard, just not the xenium one where you can lock/unlock the drive, pretty much the setup stuff for the modchip. Also, whenever I try to access the original legit Xbox dashboard, it will load up then pop up an error saying unable to connect to xbox live and it kicks me back to the executor dash. 

There is a couple of programs that don't work with a non M$ controller Xblast,Chimp, and I also think the Softmod files.

You could try using the DVD remote to navigate around the menus on the Xenium.

The DVD issue has nothing to do with the controller issue and you could use a modded EvoxM8 plus BIOS with the DVD check disabled and then leave the DVD unplugged.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Oh I guess that explains why Chimp wouldn't work either. All I really want to do is upgrade to a larger hard drive it has a 40gb one in it and that's just not going to cut it. I'm also afraid that hard drive could fail it is pretty old. I kept trying chimp but it wouldn't respond either. Time to search for a legit controller. Thank you!

As you have a modchip just fit the new HDD load a install disk and setup the new drive from scratch.

The only reason to clone a drive would be if the Xbox is softmodded .

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Hey thanks again man. I just grabbed a legit controller and just like you said, I could navigate things and it has the hard drive upgrade wizard. I forgot all about how to use this thing. Going to do the hard drive tonight and start loading up some games. Waiting on a new DVD drive to come in for it, I still have around 60 burnt games for it.