OGXbox.com

Hdmi

SS_Dave

6 hours ago, corona2222 said:

where does it connect to on the xbox board?

It's bypassing the  video encoder chip so digital signal to HDMI and not component to HDMI

Fitting is going to need the same level of soldering skills as a ram upgrade.

There is also a different one coming that will replace the ethernet port with a HDMI connector and you can then  have the old AV port as well as the HDMI. 

https://twitter.com/citrus3000psi   scroll down a bit

But in my view are you ever going to use the analog AV output again for me hell no.

Ee_ffU4WkAImABE.jpg.e1a0187279108d1c9fb03ed99328cba5.jpg

This one has built in WiFi and if it's priced like the others he makes it  will probably be around $130usd.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

2 hours ago, Nier said:

How does this compare with N64freak's hdmi mod?

I would say better

The N64 HDMI is digitizing a Component (Red, Green, Blue) and sampling the digital audio the Xbox already has.

Where this one is taking the digital video signal that is going to the video chip and the digital audio and converting to HDMI.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

14 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I would say better

The N64 HDMI is digitizing a Component (Red, Green, Blue) and sampling the digital audio the Xbox already has.

Where this one is taking the digital video signal that is going to the video chip and the digital audio and converting to HDMI.

Cheers

SS Dave

I just pre-ordered it too. Can’t wait!

On 8/28/2020 at 4:21 AM, SS_Dave said:

It's bypassing the  video encoder chip so digital signal to HDMI and not component to HDMI

Fitting is going to need the same level of soldering skills as a ram upgrade.

Amazing work they've done. Right way to produce HDMI signal - lifting after GPU instead of converting post component. I don't have patience for SMT level work but will be interesting watching the install tutorial.

I tried soldering flexi ribbon before and ended up melting all the plastic and nothing stayed stuck to the board 😂 I now have a temperature controlled iron so I would probably have more luck.

Edited by corona2222

Very cool! I'm tempted to order one but I've recently bought an OGx360 kit, a debug kit Xbox, and a few other random Xbox auctions so I'll probably wait.

Replacing the ethernet port... it's cool that it's an option, but if you're that interested in keeping both video output options, perhaps you're better off using an HDMI splitter then converting it to component/composite. But hey, to each his own.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GoTeamScotch said:

Very cool! I'm tempted to order one but I've recently bought an OGx360 kit, a debug kit Xbox, and a few other random Xbox auctions so I'll probably wait.

Replacing the ethernet port... it's cool that it's an option, but if you're that interested in keeping both video output options, perhaps you're better off using an HDMI splitter then converting it to component/composite. But hey, to each his own.

If you really needed a composite or component signal it would be better to downgrade a HDMI signal.

Most new screens now only have HDMI and if you are lucky it may have 1 composite video so HDMI is going to become the normal mod/addon on all old school gaming consoles.

Cheers

SS Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Pre-ordered one as well.  I'm probably overestimating my soldering skills.  However hands still fairly steady for an old guy.

Recently modified a Xbox 360 component cable with an original Xbox connector.  Great improvement over composite video.

Looking forward to seeing how the HDMI performs.