OGXbox.com

Just Another Slim.

sweetdarkdestiny

Reporting strait from the noughty step. I finished my first slim ever. It's nothing special from the outside but the inside rocks - i guess. ;)

Some mods which i have done to that poor helpless little thing: 

1. Sleeved all cables (Incl. a golden "The Dave Wire" :D  (You can see it in one of the pictures behind the molex power connector)).
  2. Build a 2,5" HDD cage.
  3. LED mod (green).
  4. USB port mod.
  5. Chip mod.
  6. CPU & GPU fans added.
  7. 60mm case fan as replacement.
  8. Removed the open close dvd button and added an IR shild.
  9. Internal HDMI Mod (Yea one of those cheap Wii adapters but for me they work good enought).
  10. Slim case mod (Obvious).
  11. I have removed the elox of the CPU/GPU cooling blocks and polished them.
  12. Added a cooling block to the MCPX.
  13. ATA to IDE adapter + 80 wirde cable.
  14. 500GB 2,5" sata.
  15. Replaced some caps.
  16. Added a fan control for the CPU & GPU fan. (Even at full speed the xbox is much much less noisy as a stock xbox)

Idle temps are now ~ 39°C which is fine for a slim i think. Finaly here are some pictures:

So i hope you like it, comments are welcome.

IMG_20200822_151050.jpg

IMG_20200826_155048.jpg

IMG_20200826_155135.jpg

IMG_20200826_155158.jpg

IMG_20200826_155208.jpg

IMG_20200826_155225.jpg

IMG_20200826_155416.jpg

IMG_20200826_155506.jpg

IMG_20200826_155518.jpg

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, bolofski said:

very nice work sir, it looks very clean!

Thanks. A clean looking inside was the main goal of this even if you don't see it that much often but hey, for my inner peace.... :D

1 hour ago, bolofski said:

very nice work sir, it looks very clean!

At the moment it runs Unleash-X as deafult dash with a customised config but there is also a full and ready to use XBMC4Gamers on it with coverflow, videos ect.

On 8/27/2020 at 2:49 AM, CrispyWhispy said:

Very nice, well done. Love the sleeved cables and the green glow is not too obnoxious. 

Thanks.

Green isn't everyone's favorite thats true but most ppl. do blue LED's, blue jewels ... So i decided to keep things simple and go with green LED's and keep it from the outside as stock looking as possible (if you can say that on a slim). Main point for me was the inside and get rid of anything which don't have a use (and well one thing that had one but it's gone too) and to add the HDMI on the inside. Second goal was to keep it as cool and quiet as possible which turns out pretty well (I expected it to be louder with the three fans but it's pretty quietly.)

Finaly i have learned something and i'm ok with how she turns out.

But maybe you like white more? I atteched a pic of one of my other xboxes which is just black with white LED's. It's so totaly not special (from the outside). :D

IMG_20200827_152839.jpg

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nucclearffiestas said:

Have any pics of the rear or closeups of the internal hdmi adapter? I'm curious to see how it's all wired up inside.

This is how I do mine It's 2 separate PCB's

821987935_XboxWii2HDMI1.thumb.jpg.cc1477a6ca978a60464672d0f5855137.jpg

And a 3D printed plate to make it look neat.

IMG_20200612_194220.jpg.e6ee75ef889191dadacf624c1e8fe777.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Killflxw said:

What a gorgeous piece ! Absolute wonderful craftsmanship, great job man 🤙🏻

I’ll be sending one your way for the same treatment 😉😆

There are ppl out who are 100 times better than me, trust me. This slim was the first i have ever made and atm i'm stuck with my second one. But try you're self, it isn't that hard overall.

On 10/21/2020 at 1:54 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

There are ppl out who are 100 times better than me, trust me. This slim was the first i have ever made and atm i'm stuck with my second one. But try you're self, it isn't that hard overall.

I’m sure there are people with more practice but credit where credit is due. Don’t doubt yourself so hard. The system could have turned out a lot poorer, regardless I think you’ve done a great job 🤙🏻

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, meimar said:

Very nice and clean job!

I suppose in order to sleeve the cables of the power connection you had to remove them one by one from the connector, right?

well done!

Thanks an no, i have removed them all in one and have used the attached pin out to reassemble it. You can move the sleeve slightly so you see what cable you have. It's not to hard to do. :)

XboxPSPinouts.jpg~original.jpg

• Like 1

For sure i have to do that or how should i become to sleeve over (or on? (not sure)) the cables? ;)

Little warning, don't plan to do it with a non slimmed xbox because you will become trouble with the HDD cage of a non slimed/modded box. I did that just for fun with an 1.0 PSU and ran strait into that issue with the HDD cage (bad luck).

On 10/24/2020 at 3:22 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

For sure i have to do that or how should i become to sleeve over (or on? (not sure)) the cables? ;)

Little warning, don't plan to do it with a non slimmed xbox because you will become trouble with the HDD cage of a non slimed/modded box. I did that just for fun with an 1.0 PSU and ran strait into that issue with the HDD cage (bad luck).

Good tip. The "standard" XBOX case leaves almost no space for mods. Maybe some LEDs, but not much of anythig else I suppose