OGXbox.com

So I'm running an xbox v1.4 with a executer 2.3 Lite mod chip and a 2TB HDD with Origins image. Also I'm using a Pound HDMI (yes I know it's a POS!). On my LG TV the aspect ratio is 16:9 but on the Visio and Samsung TV the xbox games are displayed 4:3 aspect radio. The Origins dash is displayed correctly in 16:9. I recall before modding the original dash had a video settings screen. Any way to get to this screen or make this adjustment?

Thanks

video.jpg

Edited by FerociousOG

Is the Xbox a PAL or NTSC ?

As far as I know it need to be set to NTSC in the EEprom and then you will 480,720 options.

I use Xblast to set it to NTSC.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FerociousOG said:

So I'm running an xbox v1.4 with a executer 2.3 Lite mod chip and a 2TB HDD with Origins image. Also I'm using a Pound HDMI (yes I know it's a POS!). On my LG TV the aspect ratio is 16:9 but on the Visio and Samsung TV the xbox games are displayed 4:3 aspect radio. The Origins dash is displayed correctly in 16:9. I recall before modding the original dash had a video settings screen. Any way to get to this screen or make this adjustment?

Thanks

video.jpg

Make sure you are using ntsc video with 480, 720 and widescreen ticked in m$ dash. Then check your tv’s settings, I had a bush set to 16.9 but had to alter the settings to get it to view games in widescreens.

It could be that the output has reduced to SD ie. 480i (576i) because of the particular cable being used. The fact you get the correct ratio with one TV but not another means it is likely the TV format settings are to blame, as ^ said. It is not being detected as as an HD cable  If you're using a SD cable you only get the basic video format options.

I have the official MS XBox Component cable and even if I have the Xbox set to display WS on my UnleashX dash (confirmed by the MS dash too) if the TV is on Auto format it always displays in 4:3. That happens even though it is definitely displaying in 480p.

It also happens with some Xbox RGB SCART SD cables which are supposed to be fully wired and therefore carry a format switching signal ie. WS or 4:3. That has always suggested to me that the Xbox RGB SCART pinout voltage (Xbox connector pin 20) to SCART (pin 8: switch format - 12v 4:3/5v WS) is suspect. Never tested it with a multi-meter though.

• Like 1

@SS_Dave
NTSC

@Ging3rguy
Don't have the M$ Dash in the picture I posted. Wondering if after modding that was a way to get back to that screen.

@HDShadow

It could be that the output has reduced to SD ie. 480i (576i) because of the particular cable being used. The fact you get the correct ratio with one TV but not another means it is likely the TV format settings are to blame, as ^ said. It is not being detected as as an HD cable  If you're using a SD cable you only get the basic video format options.

Was thinking about that too. Will review TV settings.

Edited by FerociousOG

7 minutes ago, FerociousOG said:

@Ging3rguy
Origins (which I think is XBMC themed)

Do you have or can you install Xblast to your HDD?

I have a look at Xbox's earlier and until you set at least 480 with NTSC the M$ dash would not give you the option to select 480,720 ,1080

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.