OGXbox.com

[Solved] Help! Deleted X Y and Z Partitions

kluivertmx

Good morning friends, I installed the rocky softmod and by mistake using a partition software I deleted the x, y and z partitions, after doing that when I turn on my xbox I only get a black screen, but if it reads the original disks, try to put the xploit disk and reinstall but the screen freezes when wanting to enter the softmod, any recommendations to be able to reinstall the softmod?

1 hour ago, kluivertmx said:

Good morning friends, I installed the rocky softmod and by mistake using a partition software I deleted the x, y and z partitions, after doing that when I turn on my xbox I only get a black screen, but if it reads the original disks, try to put the xploit disk and reinstall but the screen freezes when wanting to enter the softmod, any recommendations to be able to reinstall the softmod?

Try holding Start and Y then power on and keep holding I think it's a recovery mode.

Or it could be just the Y button.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

34 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Try holding Start and Y then power on and keep holding I think it's a recovery mode.

Or it could be just the Y button.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I already tried both ways but it didn't work

Sounds like more than X,Y,Z drives have been deleted.

So much easier with a Hardmod( Modchip, TSOP flash) you would pop your install disk in the DVD drive and reboot.

Cheers

SS Dave

5 hours ago, kluivertmx said:

I was able to restore the hard disk with the slayers 3.3 dvd

By that comment the Xbox was hard modded(Mod chipped, TSOP flashed ) and in a lot of cases the softmods and hardmods to not play nice(work) with each other.

The main thing is it's working.

Cheers

SS Dave

• KaosEngineer changed the title to [Solved] Help! Deleted X Y and Z Partitions
  • 11 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 5:32 PM, kluivertmx said:

Thank you all for your comments, in the end I was able to restore the hard disk with the slayers 3.3 dvd, I tried the xboxhdm method but my usb ide reader never detected the disk, greetings.

Hi friend. Please can you tell me how you did it and the steps you did. Your Xbox has soft / hard mod.

10 hours ago, Emmanuel Suárez López said:

Hi friend. Please can you tell me how you did it and the steps you did. Your Xbox has soft / hard mod.

Which dashboard are you running?  

By default, XBMC4Xbox-based dashboards do not list the cache drives: X, Y and Z when you FTP to your console.

If they are in fact missing/deleted, UnleashX can easily re-create the X, Y and Z drives .  Your installation of UnleashX may have a Clear Cache menu option that will create them and clear UnleashX's cache file.  If not, edit UnleashX's config.xml file to add the following lines where you want them in the menu:

<List Text="Format cache drives: X, Y and Z" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
    <Item Action="Format" Arg1="X"/>
    <Item Action="Format" Arg1="Y"/>
    <Item Action="Format" Arg1="Z"/>
</List>

Somewhere inside the <List Text="System" Sort="Off" Auto="On"> ... </List> section so it's not in the top-level menu.

• Like 2

in fact I have the unleashx and on one occasion I accidentally deleted the xyz partitions with xbpartitioner and now I can't run any games from the unleashx in ISO or with the disk. don't let me either 

Load applications or xbpartitioner or with the disk. I was thinking of deleting everything with the slayer options but I don't have a chip. My XBOX only has xploit..  

On 7/29/2021 at 8:22 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Which dashboard are you running?  

By default, XBMC4Xbox-based dashboards do not list the cache drives: X, Y and Z when you FTP to your console.

If they are in fact missing/deleted, UnleashX can easily re-create the X, Y and Z drives .  Your installation of UnleashX may have a Clear Cache menu option that will create them and clear UnleashX's cache file.  If not, edit UnleashX's config.xml file to add the following lines where you want them in the menu:

<List Text="Format cache drives: X, Y and Z" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
    <Item Action="Format" Arg1="X"/>
    <Item Action="Format" Arg1="Y"/>
    <Item Action="Format" Arg1="Z"/>
</List>

Somewhere inside the <List Text="System" Sort="Off" Auto="On"> ... </List> section so it's not in the top-level menu.

in fact I have the unleashx and on one occasion I accidentally deleted the xyz partitions with xbpartitioner and now I can't run any games from the unleashx in ISO or with the disk. don't let me either 

Load applications or xbpartitioner or with the disk. I was thinking of deleting everything with the slayer options but I don't have a chip. My XBOX only has xploit..