OGXbox.com

I Think I've Made a Oopsie

NUT

Help! So I have a original xbox (hardmodded) has I think most games known to man on it and loads of the old classics. Now I was having a problem getting 1 game to work with trainers (can come back to that if need be) Now..............I have no idea what i've done BUT...........for some reason now my xbox will boot (says loading IND-Bios) gives the microsoft logo (slightly altered of course) THEN..................Nothing. Won't boot into a dashboard or nothing. Just gives me a grey screen. It's as if something's been altered but don't know what

Just to update. I do have 1 original xbox game (ironically a disk copy of the game causing me trouble)! if I stick that in the drive that loads fine and loads a save file form the hard drive but can't boot on to any sort of dashboard without a disk (I've held start and Y to try reset it but to no avail)

1 hour ago, NUT said:

Help! So I have a original xbox (hardmodded) has I think most games known to man on it and loads of the old classics. Now I was having a problem getting 1 game to work with trainers (can come back to that if need be) Now..............I have no idea what i've done BUT...........for some reason now my xbox will boot (says loading IND-Bios) gives the microsoft logo (slightly altered of course) THEN..................Nothing. Won't boot into a dashboard or nothing. Just gives me a grey screen. It's as if something's been altered but don't know what

Use hexen or similar and check that evoxdash.xbe is still on your c partition using file explorer. What dash are you using?

8 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

Use hexen or similar and check that evoxdash.xbe is still on your c partition using file explorer. What dash are you using?

I gonna get a DVD-R disk tomorrow download hexen do that BEFORE it crashed i'm sure it was XBMC4Gamers (I guessing I do need a DVD to get into it)?

13 minutes ago, NUT said:

I gonna get a DVD-R disk tomorrow download hexen do that BEFORE it crashed i'm sure it was XBMC4Gamers (I guessing I do need a DVD to get into it)?

You can check your hdd c partition using fatxplorer. You want to check that you still have the evoxdash.xbe file which will load your dash.

27 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

You can check your hdd c partition using fatxplorer. You want to check that you still have the evoxdash.xbe file which will load your dash.

I can't get into it though atm I mean I don't have any sort of FTP access (well I do) but the xbox won't FTP as it can't boot into anything atm so I do need some sort of recovery DVD or something

25 minutes ago, NUT said:

I can't get into it though atm I mean I don't have any sort of FTP access (well I do) but the xbox won't FTP as it can't boot into anything atm so I do need some sort of recovery DVD or something

Fatxplorer is a pc program to access your hdd, you need a usb to sata/pata adapter depending on your hdd or a spare way on a desktop for a drive.

51 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

Have you checked for the evoxdash.xbe on c yet?

there seems to be a restore option there but can't quite get the restore to actually restore. I battling with it. IF this fails might have to send it back to the person that did it (although I did play about with hexen) and whatever I did I managed to get into some sort of dashboard and all the games we're there just not the dashboard I want or need

Guess what? I'm fixed! I got messages from my contacts who made the xbox they sent me C and E mini hard drives basically. I booted up my hexen disk deleted everything in those 2 folders and FTP'D the contents I was sent to both folders. What I also did as soon as that was done I restored the system again with Start and Y (As you boot up) and I have my system effectively the way it was (and I fixed my game trainer issues too)

• Like 1