OGXbox.com

Deleted C:

mattison1986

.......................................if your DVD drive is working of course.

Burn any installer/rescue disc on DVD-R using ImgBurn at the the slowest supported settings.

BTW if you're installing ImgBurn be aware that some anti-virus/anti-malware programs now flag this as having a PUP of some sort and/or because it is old. It is old and has not been updated since 2013(?) and because a few download sources have bundled in some crapware against the expressed wishes of ImgBurn's creator. 

If you get it from a good, reliable place and check the MD5/CRC/SHA-1 hash is correct it should be OK. 

ImgBurn is recommended simply because at its default "Write image file to disc" settings using DVD-R media is known to produce universally Xbox friendly discs.

My own tests indeed suggest the burning tool is almost irrelevant, likewise burn speed and even media make. Failure is usually caused by a bad disc or an aging PC DVD burner.

But it is best to use a standard method so that if the disc can't be read you know its either of those two problems or the Xbox DVD drive and not anything else.  

I use Nero to burn my Xbox disks and always write the disk as slow as possible (1.8 X on a USB DVD burner) and have never had a problem with Verbatim DVD-r 

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

5 hours ago, mattison1986 said:

I installed the aliddin chip today and now I have no audio or video. I do have the hexen 2020 disk ready to use once I figure out the audio video issue.

Did you have a soft mod before you installed the Aladdin? are you booting with hexen already in the dvd drive, this should load hexen before the Aladdin looks for evoxdash.xbe on C.

• 2 weeks later...