OGXbox.com

V1.0 XBox Flashing Red and Orange After Ram Upgrade

rawlor

I tried to upgrade my V1.0 Xbox with 4 Samsung version F RAM chips but it won’t boot. I’ve got an OpenXenium mod chip installed but I’ve tried booting both with and without yet it still flashes. Anyone know what this means/ anyway to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated. 

29 minutes ago, rawlor said:

I tried to upgrade my V1.0 Xbox with 4 Samsung version F RAM chips but it won’t boot. I’ve got an OpenXenium mod chip installed but I’ve tried booting both with and without yet it still flashes. Anyone know what this means/ anyway to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated. 

Did you use Xblast bios to check each chip as you installed it?

12 minutes ago, rawlor said:

I have a v1.0 and an OpenXenium chip and unfortunately XBlast bios is incompatible with both 

You need Xblast set as instant boot.on the OpenXenium

The Xbox can not boot to the Open Xenium menu without either 128 or 64 meg of ram

I personally have a Aladdin chip with the Xblast for testing like adjusting the Video output,setting fan speeds and testing RAM.

I also do one chip at a time and test  before fitting the next chip.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Bad pic's but on every chip it looks like you have some bridged pins. Check all legs with a magnifier or a multimeter, in case you have one. I bet you will find some shorts.

I’ll make sure to check now, one issue is I don’t know if any pins on the chips are supposed to be connected so even if there are no bridges they still could be showing continuity. 

2 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

True. Thats why you should use a magnifier as well. Double check. ;)

I'll get a magnifier tomorrow and see if there are any bridges. Fingers crossed I find some because I really don't want to have a dead xbox 😅. Are all RAM chips compatible with all versions? 

2 hours ago, rawlor said:

I have a v1.0 and an OpenXenium chip and unfortunately XBlast bios is incompatible with both 

It’s not you just needed to set it up before you started the ram upgrade. Do you have access to another Xbox?  You need to setup you xenium as Dave suggest, Xblast can then tell you if the extra chips have been installed okay. 

Edited by Ging3rguy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

It’s not you just needed to set it up before you started the ram upgrade. Do you have access to another Xbox?  You need to setup you xenium as Dave suggest, Xblast can then tell you if the extra chips have been installed okay. 

Unfortunately I don't have another Xbox to use. XBlast is the OS and cromwell is the BIOS right? I have crcwell.bin on the chip but if I try boot it the Xbox just frags. Is that because I don't have XBlastOS.xbe set as some sort of instant boot?

You are kind of up the creek without your paddle .

You need to find a Xbox the you can use to add the Xblast (crcwell.bin) as a BIOS to the open Xenium and then set it as instant boot to that bios.

Or remove all the chips and then set the instant boot on the oen xenium and start again and do one chip at a time.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

And by the way you are the 2nd one this week thats added the extra ram then found that a Open Xenium will not boot to the menu when there is a fault with the ram.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

You are kind of up the creek without your paddle .

You need to find a Xbox the you can use to add the Xblast (crcwell.bin) as a BIOS to the open Xenium and then set it as instant boot to that bios.

Or remove all the chips and then set the instant boot on the oen xenium and start again and do one chip at a time.

Cheers

SS Dave

Is instant boot different from setting it as the default BIOS? I had it in the bank and when I set it to boot crcwell.bin by default my Xbox was fragging.

3 minutes ago, rawlor said:

Is instant boot different from setting it as the default BIOS? I had it in the bank and when I set it to boot crcwell.bin by default my Xbox was fragging.

You set it as the default then go to settings then Xenium settings the turn on instant boot.

Then when you power on with the power button it uses the default bios and powering on with the eject it load the Xenium menu.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

You set it as the default then go to settings then Xenium settings the turn on instant boot.

Then when you power on with the power button it uses the default bios and powering on with the eject it load the Xenium menu.

Cheers

SS Dave

I feel I don't have instant boot turned on. Is that when you press the power button it boots into your default BIOS e.g. my default BIOS was X2.5035 so when I pressed the power button I would boot into that?

Like I said your up the sh!te creek.

You have 3 options 

1 - Find a Xbox you can plug your Xenium in to and change the default BIOS

2 - Remove all the extra ram chips and the use your Xbox to change the settings in the Xenium as the Xbox will only boot correctly with 64 meg or 128 meg (4 or 8 ram chips)

3 - Beg Borrow Steal an aladdin chip that has Xblast on it.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Like I said your up the sh!te creek.

You have 3 options 

1 - Find a Xbox you can plug your Xenium in to and change the default BIOS

2 - Remove all the extra ram chips and the use your Xbox to change the settings in the Xenium as the Xbox will only boot correctly with 64 meg or 128 meg (4 or 8 ram chips)

3 - Beg Borrow Steal an aladdin chip that has Xblast on it.

Cheers

SS Dave

Think the best option could be to get another Xbox, both to use the modchip to fix my current one and/or as a replacement should it be dead. I don't have a heat gun (and don't really want to spend the money on one, I'm a uni student hahaha) so I'm a bit stuck on the removal option.

If you where closer I would have lent you a Aladdin chip with Xblast. Post from Australia would properly take a month at least.

The 2nd Xbox is probably you best bet.

Cheers

SS Dave

49 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

If you where closer I would have lent you a Aladdin chip with Xblast. Post from Australia would properly take a month at least.

The 2nd Xbox is probably you best bet.

Cheers

SS Dave

No worries, if I get it working I could always mod the second xbox and sell it to one of my mates 🤣