OGXbox.com

2tb In Softmod Classic

Tysonb

hi there, im sorry for my english i'm dutch so it's far from perfect.

I have a problem with upgrading my hdd on my xbox classic, i saw on youtube that i can buy a sata hdd, a convertor to sata and a 80 wire cable.

When the xbox starts i get error 16. My drive and the disc are good because with the original hdd it runs hexen 2019.

Im a bit of a noob with this so please be gentle with me😅.

I hope some one can help me

Edited by Tysonb

12 hours ago, Ging3rguy said:

Okay then it is probably a soft mod, use chimp to clone your drive to format and clone your c and e partition. Here a how to.

Thank you very much! Ive done it, i didnt have a molex splitter so i had to be creative but it works. Thanks again!

Softmod plus disc plus unlocked new master HDD = Error 16. :)

One thing to add - make 100% sure you've partitioned the extended partitions F:\ and G:\ correctly. I'm sure those videos covered it but it is vital with a 2TB HDD that it is done correctly.

Check with the app XBPartitioner v1.3 that both drives 6 and 7 (ie. F:\ & G:\) have roughly equal volumes <1GiB each and that there are no ER (error) notifications for either drive.