OGXbox.com

Wobbly Video From 1.0 XBox. Running Out of Ideas On What Could Be Wrong.

gytdoo

Hello everyone! This is my first post, so apologies if it’s formatted incorrectly. I’m currently having a tough time trying to diagnose what could be causing my Xbox to output a wobbly video signal as seen here.

I’ve tried

-swapping power supplies

-replacing the 5 caps near the cpu

-giving the board and console a deep clean

I’m thinking maybe it’s a grounding issue? Or perhaps the video encoding chip is about to die? Honestly I’m at a loss. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you guys.

Hey guys! Thank you both for the suggestions. I ended up trying to reflow the av connector, no dice. Triple checked resolutions too. At this point I just began replacing caps and testing after each. This fixed the issue, although none of them look buldged and I don’t see any leakage.

These are the caps I swapped. Thanks again for the help guys. I’ve only gotten into the original Xbox and soldering this past month, and I’ve been having a blast. This community is amazing!

7B6BB451-6DE4-4B67-A8C0-F570CA24FAF3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gytdoo said:

Hey guys! Thank you both for the suggestions. I ended up trying to reflow the av connector, no dice. Triple checked resolutions too. At this point I just began replacing caps and testing after each. This fixed the issue, although none of them look buldged and I don’t see any leakage.

These are the caps I swapped. Thanks again for the help guys. I’ve only gotten into the original Xbox and soldering this past month, and I’ve been having a blast. This community is amazing!

7B6BB451-6DE4-4B67-A8C0-F570CA24FAF3.jpeg

where was that cap on the board?

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

My money is on the one behind the GPU

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

My money is on the one behind the GPU

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

that pic doesn't look like one of the ones behind the gpu. didn't he say he changed the ones behind the gpu and it didn't fix it?