OGXbox.com

Hello From Mississippi

CRW031

Hello all, just wanted to say this site is amazing. I am just getting into modding consoles and everything I searched led me here so here I am lol.

My first mod will be the open xenium chip which, I am awaiting delivery, and replacing failing capacitors on a Halo edition green 1.6 xbox. I have been tinkering and fixing things all my life and had heard of modding consoles, I have just never really tried to do any of it. After deciding to breath new life into my wife's childhood console, the more I dug the more I found you could do to this thing. She doesn't really like modern gaming titles so I want to load this thig up with emulators so she can enjoy gaming as much as I do. If anyone has any suggestions or would like to give advice I will definitely welcome it all. Also if someone could point me in the direction of the site rules and specified posts needed for using all features of the site that would be great. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge, I hope to become a regular here. 

Hello CRW031

Welcome to ogxbox.com

This is the main one that get asked a lot

I am quite partial to Coinops for the arcade games and on most of the Xbox's I setup now I use XBMC4Gamers as the dashboard

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

8 hours ago, CRW031 said:

Hello all, just wanted to say this site is amazing. I am just getting into modding consoles and everything I searched led me here so here I am lol.

My first mod will be the open xenium chip which, I am awaiting delivery, and replacing failing capacitors on a Halo edition green 1.6 xbox. I have been tinkering and fixing things all my life and had heard of modding consoles, I have just never really tried to do any of it. After deciding to breath new life into my wife's childhood console, the more I dug the more I found you could do to this thing. She doesn't really like modern gaming titles so I want to load this thig up with emulators so she can enjoy gaming as much as I do. If anyone has any suggestions or would like to give advice I will definitely welcome it all. Also if someone could point me in the direction of the site rules and specified posts needed for using all features of the site that would be great. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge, I hope to become a regular here. 

Hiya, if you are thinking of turning your Xbox in to an emulator, emustation is a really nice front end dash, it is a sister/brother to xbmc4gamers.

13 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Hello CRW031

Welcome to ogxbox.com

This is the main one that get asked a lot

I am quite partial to Coinops for the arcade games and on most of the Xbox's I setup now I use XBMC4Gamers as the dashboard

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thank you very much that answered all my questions. I am not here just to download and plan to help out others here as I learn more about this beast of a console. Like I said before I didn't have any experience with the original xbox, honestly when it was out I was a playstation fanboy and only played on one once at a friends house. I got into xbox when the 360 launched only for Gears of War and have been xbox ever since.

10 hours ago, Ging3rguy said:

Hiya, if you are thinking of turning your Xbox in to an emulator, emustation is a really nice front end dash, it is a sister/brother to xbmc4gamers.

This is the one I have been checking out and may be what I go with, at the moment I am waiting for a display adapter to come in so I can see if this thing even works. Also awaiting capacitors as all 5 close to the CPU are bulging and need to be replaced. I did hook power to it and it does light up and the disk tray opens so that is a good sign. I have already broke it down and cleaned it up and replaced the thermal paste with some noctua NT-H1.