OGXbox.com

Optical + Compenent

sosai880

First, do the tv play the video compenents (in) and the audio optical (in) at the same time if the connections are not the same and at the same place back to the tv ?

- This cable on ebay output 6 compenents and one optical really or somme are optional only and not working at the same time ? :https://www.cafr.ebay.ca/itm/274451042904?ul_noapp=true

I can not teste myself. I don't have connection S or optical. So I will need to buy tv or buy adaptator. 

Edited by sosai880

• 3 weeks later...

That cable has an optical audio cord that is intended to be plugged into an A/V receiver. If your TV happens to accept in incoming optical audio signal, then yes it would work on your TV. But most TVs will have an optical audio port for outputting audio out to an A/V receiver, not receiving one in. Digital optical audio is for carrying high quality surround-sound audio and TVs do not need a super high quality audio signal because they generally just have two "good enough" speakers built-in and that's all.

• 3 weeks later...

Optical is really only used in sound systems, its essentially digital audio carried through red light rather than how analog audio is carried through electricity, which unlike light is subject to interference.

Whether it outputs both at the same time is more based on how the console is made. The PS2 for example can output both at the same time.

If you were to plug component into your TV, and audio into your soune system, it would be pretty much synced, maybe slight delay due to an HDTV's inherent lag, but should be imperceptible, especially with higher resolutions.