OGXbox.com

Ki-XXX and Killer Instinct

titchgamer

Howdy people :)

After a friend of mine saw all my hard work on my recently acquired xbox he asked if I could mod his and turn it into a emulation machine.

I of course jumped at the chance to play with this system some more and try some emulation on it that I had heard so much about!
I got Mameox, Genesis and SNES emus working great on it then I discovered you can get KI working on it to (which does not seem to load in mame)

Being one of my fave fighters I would really love to get this going but I cant seem to find any instructions or tutorials for its use!

Anybody used this or know how to get it running?

This is more about me than my friend at this point as I dont think he is bothered about KI but I would love it on my machine :D

Cheers :)

6 hours ago, Danish_Elite said:

The nice part, if you use XBMC4Gamers or XBMC-Emustation, you can use the built-in downloader to download KI-XXX. Also, XBMC-Emustation acts like Emustation and you can have more retro/emulation fun. :)

I already have KI-XXX just not sure how to add the roms/chds to it heh.

Not tried XBMC emulation station yet but it does look pretty.

8 hours ago, titchgamer said:

I already have KI-XXX just not sure how to add the roms/chds to it heh.

Ah Gotcha, my bad, misunderstood.

Not tried XBMC emulation station yet but it does look pretty.

I've been tinkering the most with this dash as most of the emulators are already built-in. There isn't a built-in scraper like Emustation so the rom names have to be exactly labeled like the downloadable art names, then images and info pops up automatically. I googled the Resurrection Xtras sets which include all of the art, videos, and roms (minus a few emulators). Then drop in the zipped roms and have emustation do the work. It doesn't have the full customization that XBMC4gamers have, but it's a nice way to clean interface for everything to populate quickly. Just an option.

Cheers,

Well I downloaded the KIxxx 1.3 set Kaos mentioned.

But for some reason I can not get the KI roms to FTP over!

The KI2 roms transfered over no prob and plays fine on the emu.

But KI fails every time, For some reason it makes a folder with the same name as the rom file but will not transfer the actual rom and tells me there is a file already there with the same name. Even though the folder is empty!!

I presume thats due to it making a folder itself by the same name but I dunno.

Anyone have any idea WTF that is all about?

13 hours ago, titchgamer said:

Cheers,

Well I downloaded the KIxxx 1.3 set Kaos mentioned.

But for some reason I can not get the KI roms to FTP over!

The KI2 roms transfered over no prob and plays fine on the emu.

But KI fails every time, For some reason it makes a folder with the same name as the rom file but will not transfer the actual rom and tells me there is a file already there with the same name. Even though the folder is empty!!

I presume thats due to it making a folder itself by the same name but I dunno.

Anyone have any idea WTF that is all about?

Use XBMC instead of UnleashX to FTP over the files that have no filename extension.  UnleashX creates folders in their place and will not upload the file since a folder of the same name exists already (BUG in UnleashX's FTP server!).