OGXbox.com

Rubber Feet

wikati

7 hours ago, im_living_large said:

I only peel the end up and leave the rest attached. They lay back down pretty good once I have the screws back in.

Yep, that's what I do. Just fold back the side of the foot that reveals the screw. Back out the screw, and lay the foot back down. Done deal.

Now, if someone could find a super secret method for getting those two middle screws out without touching the stickers.....THAT would be something :)

On 2/9/2018 at 1:19 PM, furon said:

This may be a cardinal sin, but I just cut a hole in them. I use a hobby knife, start in the middle, cut out toward the side until I hit the edge of the screw hole, then follow it around. Same with the stickers.

cardinal sin aside... some days the case flys open 3 times on mine (for whatever reason) you've adapted a permanent solution. i actually kinda like it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I use specifically this brand: http://www.michaels.com/recollections-adhesive-tape/M10177961.html?dwvar_M10177961_size=1%2F4 x 5yd#start=5

Not just for xboxs but other electronics as well. It's thicker and gummier than standard scotch double sided or anything like that, which seems to keep things together a lot nicer than other products I have used. Clean the old tape off, stick the rubber pad on one side of the tape, x-acto knife around it to cut it off, peel the other side and stick on. Sometimes I'll hit the part side and surface side with a hot hair dryer to loosen it up a bit more to get a better bond. 

I spent years repairing cell phones, I have gone through the gambit of different tapes and adhesives, I use many, but this is one of the better general purpose ones IMO. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Yup, he's right you can get electronic items but not only just that you can also get other categories of products. I'll tell you about a site where you can get it at a discounted price and also you can get free shipping through Michaels Promo Codes

On 5/5/2018 at 4:10 AM, captaintofuburger said:

I use specifically this brand: http://www.michaels.com/recollections-adhesive-tape/M10177961.html?dwvar_M10177961_size=1%2F4 x 5yd#start=5

Not just for xboxs but other electronics as well. It's thicker and gummier than standard scotch double sided or anything like that, which seems to keep things together a lot nicer than other products I have used. Clean the old tape off, stick the rubber pad on one side of the tape, x-acto knife around it to cut it off, peel the other side and stick on. Sometimes I'll hit the part side and surface side with a hot hair dryer to loosen it up a bit more to get a better bond. 

I spent years repairing cell phones, I have gone through the gambit of different tapes and adhesives, I use many, but this is one of the better general purpose ones IMO. 

I've used double-sided tape too and, in absence of glue, even squished Blu-Tack as a temporary and reasonably reliable short term solution to sticking the feet in place.

Best glue I've found is a 'simple' general purpose solvent based glue: Bostick. It grabs harder when dry than whatever was used originally but the rubbery feet are still 'peelable' without damaging them if they ever need to be removed again. Alternatively you can just stick down only the bottom half so they can be bent back enough to get at the screw underneath.