OGXbox.com

Frag When Rebooting

viper3344

Ok friends!

I was able to get 2X used xbox's.  One is a 1.0 and one is a 1.2

I have an xecutor 2.6 chip brand new and that X-ecuter 2 Lite chip I can desolder from the xbox that died above.

What combo do you all recommend?   I was able to find a tutorial online for the xecutor 2 lite but not the 2.6.  Any advise appreciated!

3 hours ago, viper3344 said:

Ok friends!

I was able to get 2X used xbox's.  One is a 1.0 and one is a 1.2

I have an xecutor 2.6 chip brand new and that X-ecuter 2 Lite chip I can desolder from the xbox that died above.

What combo do you all recommend?   I was able to find a tutorial online for the xecutor 2 lite but not the 2.6.  Any advise appreciated!

You can tsop both unless you want to use a chip, which is the dead board, the 1.0 has a 1mb bios and the 1.2 has a 256kb? I like the ind-bios bios as you get the extra igr functions.

7 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

This is all I have on file.

X2.6.jpg.c7e3b95d57226738e66ce0e84f48c664.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Would you happen to have a bigger higher res version of that image? :)

I will do the pin header method for sure!  The 2.6 should have a BIOS installed on it already right?  Can I use the Hexxen disk to reflash with an updated BIOS that supports an F and a G?  Would this be a 512K BIOS?  Thanks for help gents!

I figured I have this 2.6 so I might as well use it instead of a TSOP ya know!  Also, between the 1.0 xbox and and 1.2, prob the 1.0 would be better right?  This way I have both a 1.0 and a 1.6 :)

THanks guys!!

The X2.6 it gets a 1024kb bios file that contains the 2 banks in one file and there is a file on hexen called X2.5035.137iND-BiOS.5004.67.bin that is made for the X2.6

Me personally I don't connect the wires to the 40 pin IDE and Ethernet port as all that does is flash some leds on the front and because I ground the D0 wire that means the 3 pin lead is not used and the red wire is only used for a version 1.6 install so you don't need it either.

If you are fitting a pin header then the 10 wire lead is not needed either.

So solder in the pin header and the D0 as per the alternative point to ground and you are done. Simples!

You could also use the chip from the nonworking board by just plugging it on the new board 

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

The X2.6 it gets a 1024kb bios file that contains the 2 banks in one file and there is a file on hexen called X2.5035.137iND-BiOS.5004.67.bin that is made for the X2.6

Me personally I don't connect the wires to the 40 pin IDE and Ethernet port as all that does is flash some leds on the front and because I ground the D0 wire that means the 3 pin lead is not used and the red wire is only used for a version 1.6 install so you don't need it either.

If you are fitting a pin header then the 10 wire lead is not needed either.

So solder in the pin header and the D0 as per the alternative point to ground and you are done. Simples!

You could also use the chip from the nonworking board by just plugging it on the new board 

Cheers

SS Dave

Makes sense SS_DAVE!  So the 3 pin grey/green/red one is not needed?  Yeah I agree, the HDD and the lan light would be very annoying on the front haha!  But I thought the grey wire is need for the D0?  Where would the D0 go?  You said you ground it but what actual wire do you ground seeing as according to this diagram, the D0 wire is part of the 3 wire LED lead.

executer26-plan.jpg

Thanks!

Ok update on the first "used new xbox"
It is a 1.0xbox with the GPU fan.  It powers on but goes to the "your xbox needs service" screen with no error code.  You can also hear the HDD clicking very loudly so I figured it was just a dead HDD.  Soldered the 2.6 modchip on there and same thing.  (the chip lights up but is there supposed to be a logo or something when it boots?)  Same thing :(   So I removed the clock cap and cleaned the area around it but there is some major damage.  Any ideas?  Is the xecutor 2.6 supposed to have some sort of boot logo screen during the xbox boot process like the alladdin chip did?  I tried switching both banks and the chip lights up but goes right to the "xbox needs service" right after the boot process

THanks! 

IMG_3313.jpg

Edited by viper3344

6 hours ago, viper3344 said:

Ok update on the first "used new xbox"
It is a 1.0xbox with the GPU fan.  It powers on but goes to the "your xbox needs service" screen with no error code.  You can also hear the HDD clicking very loudly so I figured it was just a dead HDD.  Soldered the 2.6 modchip on there and same thing.  (the chip lights up but is there supposed to be a logo or something when it boots?)  Same thing :(   So I removed the clock cap and cleaned the area around it but there is some major damage.  Any ideas?  Is the xecutor 2.6 supposed to have some sort of boot logo screen during the xbox boot process like the alladdin chip did?  I tried switching both banks and the chip lights up but goes right to the "xbox needs service" right after the boot process

THanks! 

The only difference in the looks of the stock to an X2 BIOS is the word printed underneath the big X logo at the end of the flubber animation:

XECUTER2 instead of Microsoft.

15 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

The only difference in the looks of the stock to an X2 BIOS is the word printed underneath the big X logo at the end of the flubber animation:

XECUTER2 instead of Microsoft.

Ahh..  Ok so it might not have actually taken the chip....  It still says Microsoft under with the Chip in.   

It blinks red and white  (well red and no color)  So not red and green or red and orange.  Literally just red flash, pause, red flash.  I couldnt find that error code online at all

Red flash is bad was it working before you fitted the modchip?

Have a really good look at the board for solder splashes.

With the D0 wire disconnected what happens?

814654469_Xboxerrorleds.jpg.4a41baa066368586bceb1b8b1c579850.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Red flash is bad was it working before you fitted the modchip?

Have a really good look at the board for solder splashes.

With the D0 wire disconnected what happens?

814654469_Xboxerrorleds.jpg.4a41baa066368586bceb1b8b1c579850.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Correct.  BEFORE the modchip.  It would boot up and flash red while the HDD clicked very loudly.  Thats why I figured it was the HDD but after I installed the chip the exact same thing happened.  But I still saw the MS logo on boot so maybe the 2.6 chip is defective?  Ill recheck all solder points but yeah, figured I could fix it with a chip and new HDD.  How does the clock cap damage look?

Remove the D0 link from the board and reboot it without any drives connected and see what happens.

Some clock caps look 100% fine but can still leak the small black spots are the trace damage and if the cap has leaked some time you will notice a oily film around the cap.

1269289392_tracedamage.jpg.34bb0e26474351d474c6f66f3361b5e9.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Red flashing eject ring. OS defective in the EEPROM. I believe the EEPROM they are talking about is the configuration EEPROM.  Data is corrupted and the HMAC_SHA1 Hash or checksum values stored inside no longer agree with the data that's stored in the various sections each of the 3 values cover.

For more information on the configuration EEPROM's content, see: https://xboxdevwiki.net/EEPROM

8 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

You did have the chip enabled switch set to on didn't you.

Cheers

SS Dave

Yup!  One of the first things I tested!  Gonna try the regular D0 point today.  See if that makes a difference.

What do you mean regular D0 point it's the same piece of trace just a larger spot to solder to.

Have you tried to boot with the D0 wire disconnected?

And because you have lost the microsoft logo that tells me the D0 is properly working and the Xbox is trying to load a BIOS from the LPC port and you probably have a soldering issue

Disconnect the D0 and unplug the chip and will the Xbox boot the same as before you worked on it?

Cheers

SS Dave

Ok SS_Dave some BIG updates here!

I re-soldered the chip multiple times, triple checked all points and even swapped between the 2 (remember I have 2x 2.6 chips that I found from my old college stuff)  NOTHING would boot.  Just flubbers, then right to flashing red.

So what I did was take the X-ecuter 2 Lite from the other 1.0 system that had the solder blob on the ram I could not fix and BAM!!!!!!!   Fired right up!   So it seems that maybe those 2X xecuter 2.6 chips were BAD!  Maybe that's why I didnt install them into xbox's....who knows I dont remember college was a crazy time haha

So here are my questions and what I got!

1.6 crystal with aladdin chip working GREAT!
1.1 Xbox with the X-ecuter 2 lite - WHAT BIOS CAN I UPDATE THE CHIP TO. TO SUPPORT F/G BIGGER HDD?

1.2 Xbox clean working - Can I buy an Aladdin chip for it?  I know I would not need to rebuild the LPC like I did for the 1.6 so could be a much easier install right?  (or TSOP flash would be best maybe? :)

Thanks for all the help thus far!!

Edited by viper3344

8 minutes ago, viper3344 said:

1.1 Xbox with the X-ecuter 2 lite - WHAT BIOS CAN I UPDATE THE CHIP TO. TO SUPPORT F/G BIGGER HDD?

You can use the iND-5004.67.bin or the EvoxM8plus.67.bin

The Ind bios is customised using a config file on the C drive and the EvoxM8 is customised using a PC app before it get flashed to the chip Both support 2 tb or 3 tb hard drives.

With the X2.6 chips you could try reflashing the BIOS with a hot swap.

have the Xbox disabled so you can get to the mod chip while the Xbox is running

load a bios flash program and select the bios file(I like the raincoat prg)

just before you commit to flashing the chip unplug the working chip and plug the noworking chip on the board and cominit to the flash.

You should now have a working X2.6 chip.

25 minutes ago, viper3344 said:

1.2 Xbox clean working - Can I buy an Aladdin chip for it?  I know I would not need to rebuild the LPC like I did for the 1.6 so could be a much easier install right?

I would TSOP flash it, 2 links in the top side of the board to enable the TSOP writing. 

And then softmod it and load the bios flash program and flash the iND5004.67 bios to it.

That's kind of how I flash a TSOP but I don't softmod it I use a game save that has the TSOP flash built in.

So you add the 2 links, Copy the game save over, Load the game and select the save, Flash the TSOP.   How simple is that!!

Cheers

SS Dave