OGXbox.com

Frag When Rebooting

viper3344

Awesome!  Few more questions if you dont mind.

Ok so I pulled the HDD out of the original and it has an old evox dash on it.  Also has a flashing program so Ill try that first.  Are those BIOS's the right size for the xecuter 2 lite?  Just flash and go?

Also the Executer lite and the executer 2.6 have different color wires for soldering so are they hot swapable even?  THanks!

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

The bios size will be fine 

On the working Xbox did you solder a pin header in the board like this

IMG_20200609_185806.thumb.jpg.c3de3beba7a679be6040d27ff931d5b4.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Ok, currently trying to find that BIOS file but having no luck haha.  The search continues!

SOooooo actually I didnt use the pin header on the 1.0 because the solder holes are filled so I just direct soldered it :) Was easier than removing the solder.

1 hour ago, mrmonkeyman227 said:

wheres the best place to get mod chips

eBay.com or aliexpress.com

eBay has a larger variety of chips than aliexpress only lists XT4032 (aladdin xt plus 2 clones).  If any are listed on aliexpress.com any more, they come and go.

eBay: new OpenXeniums, xBlast Lites, and Aladdin XT plus 2s (aka XT4032 and several other similar names) are listed as well as older modchips - Team Xecuter's X2s and X3, Xeniums, SmartXX's, cheapmods, etc.

12 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Try here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzlmwvh15pcgrtm/X2.6 X2-5035IND5004.bin?dl=0

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Ok so this is the one I can use to flash the executer lite I have correct?  Pop this on c or f BIOS and run a flasher program correct?  Will that one also work on the 2.6 as well?   Thanks Dave you rock!  I just want to make sure I can directly flash this BIOS onto it without bricking the chip or having to do any prep work or anything to the bin file.   (like I am reading it has 2X 512 instead of a single 1mb .bin on your link) This one ready to go?  Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Also, sorry for another question but is this BIOS file included with the HExxen disk?  Can I flash from the disk or should I do it from the HDD apps with the file you provided.   Thanks again Dave!!

Edited by viper3344

1 hour ago, viper3344 said:

Ok answered my own question and it worked GREAT!!  Got the (executer rocks my box image now :))

So with that box we learned:   If you have a flashing red light on a retail untouched xbox, the base BIOS is somehow corrupt but a modchip will fix it.  I even did a recent test and disabled the chip with a jumper and it STILL booted to the flashing red lights.  Only way to get it to work is with the chip.  So that xbox is saved!!

On to the final xbox.  The 1.2 with the blown caps.  I have the caps arriving any day now and hope that maybe I can use these 2.6's in it.  Dave, you mentioned hotswapping but like I mentioned before, because the xbox above was a 1.1, I was able to just solder to leads to the board because the solder holes were filled so it made it a very easy solder job.  Anyway to do a hotswap or would I have needed the posts to do it?

Thanks!

Edited by viper3344

To hot swap you need to be able remove and replace the chips without soldering while the Xbox is running.

Removing the solder from the holes can easily be done with fresh solder, flux paste and solder wick.

Cheers

SS Dave

So I got the caps in the repaired the 1.2.  New caps fixed it right up and it seems to be working perfectly fine!

But yeah, no combo of these dang chips and switches gets it to do anything.  With the chip enabled or disabled, it just boots into the regular xbox dash.  When the chip is set to "enable", it glows blue so I know its getting some power but literally nothing... I think they are both dead.....maybe why they were not installed into xbox's.....

Looks like the best thing to do is TSOP it at this point... gonna try that now...     

I could try desoldering the 2.6 lite and do a hot swap flash but my problem is I have only these parts in this image.  The d0 grey wire is part of the leads so not sure how I would get a d0 if I am using the pin header instead of the direct wire solders.

qSdXjboVqYKHJzJ-eU_r3V0kdgTz3NjYuWRF1MGI

This is the better way of fitting a mod chip, and once the pin header is fitted you can use a Aladdin(with the BT grounded Pin2),Open Xenium, X2.6, DuoX2(BT linked to pin 9, 3.3volt) and the list goes on by just plugging it on as long as the D0 point is linked to ground with no other connections to the Xbox.

unnamed.jpg.408bccdfb2887e3daba0697475830249.jpg

The wire method in the pic in my view is a lazy and dodgy of fitting a modchip.

So is this method as it shows someone was to lazy to remove the board to fit the pin header .

166749209_X3chip.PNG.d73d894649dd8ff21dbe6c1d01666a31.PNG

Cheers

SS Dave

And...... now the 1.2 is DEAD...........  OMG I am this close to just throwing all these xbox's in the trash.....

So I was trying to find a combination of 2.6's that would work.  You know, swapping the leads, the chips, the on/off daughterboard and somehow... somehow, it fried the 1.2..

I desoldered everything, and removed the chip.  Now the regular 1.2 which was working perfectly fine just boots to blinking green lights, reboots then frags...  uggggggggggggggggg

8 hours ago, viper3344 said:

And...... now the 1.2 is DEAD...........  OMG I am this close to just throwing all these xbox's in the trash.....

So I was trying to find a combination of 2.6's that would work.  You know, swapping the leads, the chips, the on/off daughterboard and somehow... somehow, it fried the 1.2..

I desoldered everything, and removed the chip.  Now the regular 1.2 which was working perfectly fine just boots to blinking green lights, reboots then frags...  uggggggggggggggggg

Check for solder splashes and bridges, post a pic of the lpc area.

8 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

Can’t see anything obvious, why is the solder missing and disturbed on 15 & 16?

So it was due to me soldering and removing the pin header.  Some solder stayed in the holes and it looked very clean so I just left it there.  But it was working when I had the pin header in there without and chip.  Thanks for looking though!