OGXbox.com

Og Slim

coliver80

So I tried my hand at making a slim.

Case has been cut down. Shield inside has had all its sides removed. OEM fan has been trimmed to fit. Interior trays have been trimmed to fit. Front controller ports shaved. Factory power button is now sync button for internal ogx360. Factory eject button is now power button with xbox one slim button jewel. full sized 1tb hard drive installed where dvd drive use to be and ogx360 and receiver mounted where hard drive use to be. LEDs replaced with white leds. pic looks like something is wrong with right of front panel.. not the case.. cant see anything in person. Thinking of doing the top jewel like a carbon gray.. haven't done it yet.. not solid on the idea yet. Not perfect but I like it.. looks clean.

20200802_210601.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, coliver80 said:

So I tried my hand at making a slim.

Case has been cut down. Shield inside has had all its sides removed. OEM fan has been trimmed to fit. Interior trays have been trimmed to fit. Front controller ports shaved. Factory power button is now sync button for internal ogx360. Factory eject button is now power button with xbox one slim button jewel. full sized 1tb hard drive installed where dvd drive use to be and ogx360 and receiver mounted where hard drive use to be. LEDs replaced with white leds. pic looks like something is wrong with right of front panel.. not the case.. cant see anything in person. Thinking of doing the top jewel like a carbon gray.. haven't done it yet.. not solid on the idea yet. Not perfect but I like it.. looks clean.

20200802_210601.jpg

Sorry to ask a couple of dull questions but what did you use to fill the ports and what do you do about bolting down the lid?

I ground down the backside of the panel to make the ports more like holes instead of barrels. Then masked the holes from the back and filled with 2 part epoxy. Sanded.. filled with spot putty... sanded..sprayed with adhesion promoter.. sprayed with texture coat.. sprayed with semi gloss white. Haven't bolted lid yet.. got some xbox one s case bolts i think will work.

15 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

Thanks, keep us updated. Planning to do one when I have the time.

Lol make sure you got the time.. this took ALOT longer then what I thought. I also failed to mention above that the ogx360 the receiver and the hard drive are all held in place with 3m velcro.. stuff is amazing..

23 hours ago, coliver80 said:

Lol make sure you got the time.. this took ALOT longer then what I thought. I also failed to mention above that the ogx360 the receiver and the hard drive are all held in place with 3m velcro.. stuff is amazing..

Just reading through all the work you did I could only guess at the time. I love the look though. Now to find said time for my own build... 

11 hours ago, doubleristrett0 said:

Just reading through all the work you did I could only guess at the time. I love the look though. Now to find said time for my own build... 

Time wise..I work 10 hours a day and got 3 kids.. so I'd say I worked on it about 2-3 hours a day for about 2 weeks. Half of that time was strictly doing the front panel.. all the work shaving the holes reworking the buttons to different functions and making the Xbox One S jewel work for the power button. The changing of eject to power was and simple wire swap.. but for the sync i had to remove the old power button and surface mount an old micro switch I had laying around from an old Sony Walkman and run kynar to the sync button on the retriever. Thanks to all for the comments. I plan on doing the jewel tomorrow and Ill post a final pic then.

I Always wanted to do a Super Slim, like Pic related, but with a jewel on both sides, and all of the controller ports relocated on one side. Seeing your slim is making me very indecicisve on what my next project should be, after my current project is finished.spacer.png

NtnbXUn.png

Edited by Laminatesnow
  • Like 2