OGXbox.com

Installing Dashboards On Ind-Bios Xbox

ProtoMorphix

Ok... first of all, I m sorry if this is a repeat, however I couldn't find a thread to help. Or at least it wasn't labelled under what I thought it might be.

I have a TSOP xbox with IND-BIOS. It currently has XBMC installed. However, this XBMC doesnt run all the games that I am FTPing over to the console. Most games run fine, however there is an issue with some games. XIII doesnt run, DOA2 boots then hangs after the initial disclaimer. I am looking to install another dashboard type to load up these games and hopefully boot into them, but I havent been able to do so or find anything online.

Does anyone know any 'how to for dummies' guides, or can help install another dashboard/application to allow me to boot the games that won't load? And which dashboard or applications would be best?

Thanks in advance. 

Proto 

Have you tried the xbmc4gamers.?

You could copy it to E drive and launch it from xbmc or set it as a default dash in the IND config file.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

Have you tried the xbmc4gamers.?

You could copy it to E drive and launch it from xbmc or set it as a default dash in the IND config file.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks for your response! I have installed XBMC4gamers but the same thing happens, on DOA2 ultimate it hangs after the disclaimer and on XIII it gets to the ubisoft sign and then doesnt load at all :( there were a few others that didnt load but i cant remember the names of the games.

At this rate I don't know if installing another dashboard would matter. I dont know if i have files missing and thats causing the issue, though most games work.  

2 hours ago, ProtoMorphix said:

Thanks for your response! I have installed XBMC4gamers but the same thing happens, on DOA2 ultimate it hangs after the disclaimer and on XIII it gets to the ubisoft sign and then doesnt load at all :( there were a few others that didnt load but i cant remember the names of the games.

At this rate I don't know if installing another dashboard would matter. I dont know if i have files missing and thats causing the issue, though most games work.  

try a fresh install of the games and just check that all the files transfer, have you tried loading them in ntsc and pal?

yeah ive installed it multiple times, all the files transfer fine no error with the transfer. I know the files work as i have set me other xbox up and have played with them that way! I think there is something wrong with the xbox. I will need to have a deeper look into it. Thanks for the suggestions though!

6 hours ago, ProtoMorphix said:

I have installed XBMC4gamers but the same thing happens, on DOA2 ultimate it hangs after the disclaimer and on XIII it gets to the ubisoft sign and then doesnt load at all :(

I tested both the games using XBMC4Gamers and both got to the create character screen you probably have a bad rip or is not HDD ready.

Cheers

SS Dave

I had problems copying over DOA Ultimate due to file name length issues, so maybe you're running into the same thing. It would freeze for me on startup as well.

Whenever I FTP games over using UnleashX it can't handle the FatX filename length limitations, but if you FTP these titles over while running XBMC or XBMC4Gamers it can intelligently work through it. Try copying it over again while in XBMC and see if that helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've had the same issue with some games and no1 seems to be able to tell me why. It's weird as the all work on unleashx dash and evox dash but none of the others. Try running the games via unleashx dash and evox and let me know if it works. Any xbmc dash I try makes the xbox hang on reboot and some games don't work at all. I've tried everything, flashing new bios. Reformatting hdd. Spent hours searching on google. What version is your xbox ? Mines 1.2

1 hour ago, Jaggsy1986 said:

I've had the same issue with some games and no1 seems to be able to tell me why. It's weird as the all work on unleashx dash and evox dash but none of the others. Try running the games via unleashx dash and evox and let me know if it works. Any xbmc dash I try makes the xbox hang on reboot and some games don't work at all. I've tried everything, flashing new bios. Reformatting hdd. Spent hours searching on google. What version is your xbox ? Mines 1.2

What Games?

Cheers

SS Dave

5 hours ago, Jaggsy1986 said:

off the top of my head any fifa game, forza , fight night round 3 there's more but can't remember the rest. can't be an issue with the game as they work on other dashes

I tested Fifa 2006, Fifa street, Forza, Fight night round 3 on a 1.4  using iND-5004.67 bios running the latest XBMC4Gamers as the only dash and all 3 loaded with no problems.

What XBMC are you using?

What bios?

Cheers

SS Dave

22 minutes ago, Jaggsy1986 said:

maybe its my xmbc version then as i've been using the ones off rocky5 extras disc v1.18. also tried evo8m+ and the ind bios off hexen 2018 engineering disc. Are these outdated now ?

The bios files should be fine and I also have a 1.6 with the EvoxM8 plus and it has no problems, the iND bios has only just been updated(6 months ago) to the iND5003-patched.

The patched version fixed some issues the the original iND5003 and has added support to assist with Xiso files.

The latest xbmc4gamers is 1.3.001 it can be downloaded from rocky5's github and FTP to the old directory.

On all my builds I set xbmc4gamers to the default dash in the ind-bios.cfg config file or in the EvoxM8.bin file.

Cheers

SS Dave

Is it just dumb luck but I have not had to modify this file ? I have read about this many times. For reference can someone text dump the file and explain the setting and proper dash setup ? I cant be the only one that has questions. Partition\0 pints the the dash location correct on C ? I know my setup is referencing XBMC but have XBMC4GAMERS, so it wrong but works. 

58 minutes ago, xicat487 said:

Is it just dumb luck but I have not had to modify this file ? I have read about this many times. For reference can someone text dump the file and explain the setting and proper dash setup ? I cant be the only one that has questions. Partition\0 pints the the dash location correct on C ? I know my setup is referencing XBMC but have XBMC4GAMERS, so it wrong but works. 

What file?

Cheers

SS Dave

Here is the iND configuration file.

ind-bios.cfg

If windows has a warning about downloading it's all good just click keep.

Copy this file to C drive root directory, if you want to set XBMC4Gamers as the default dash edit this file

At the bottom change to this if you have XBMC4Gamers in E:/xbmc

DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\xbmc\Default.xbe
DASH2=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\evoxdash.xbe

Or this if you have E:/xbmc4gamers use 

DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\xbmc4gamers\default.xbe
DASH2=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\evoxdash.xbe

If you want to try flashing the EvoxM8 

evox_m8+_67_NO-DVD.bin

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1