OGXbox.com

Ftp Problems.

titchgamer

Sorry not sure if this is in the wrong area, Wasnt sure where to post but I figured it would be better to start a new thread for a specific problem than to continue derailing another....

Sooo I have done a fresh install to a 256gb SD card that all went well using slayer 2.7 disc.

As per Daves advice I have also reallocated all the G drives memory to the F drive using xbpartioner (hopfully done correctly 😛 )

Now my problems start with FTP'ing over the games to the drive, I setup filezilla as per this video:

But with the exception because I can not change my users on the XBOX I changed the max transfers on file zilla to 1.
I transfered Halo over no problem and that works fine BUT I can not transfer any other game folder, It just instant fails every file with the following error:

Response:    553 Requested action not taken. 

Any ideas chaps?

Cheers.

Good to see you sorted it out .

All my game are all ready on a Xbox so I would have fixed that  years ago and had forgotten about it.

One day I need to employ a teen to test all the games on my xbox drive and then make a list of the games that dont work.

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 7/22/2020 at 12:31 PM, titchgamer said:

Ahhhh I have figured it out!

So if anyone else happens to have this issue in future, Its to do with the folder names (Well seems to be) I deleted all special Characters such as brackets or commas and its now working :)

The FATX filesystem has a limited allowed character set:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789!#$%&'()-.@[]^_`{}~ (including the space character)

No comma allowed.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:43 AM, KaosEngineer said:

The FATX filesystem has a limited allowed character set:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789!#$%&'()-.@[]^_`{}~ (including the space character)

No comma allowed.

Yeah its seems to be selective about hyphens as will, "Halo - Combat evolved" transfered ok, "DOA 3 - Volley ball" didnt until I took the - out.
Very weird but never mind lol.

On 7/26/2020 at 1:01 AM, KaosEngineer said:

There must be another character in the name that it doesn't like other than the hyphen.

I cant explain it, But it transferred after so no biggy.
Very strange though haha.

At least I know what to look for now after several hours of buggering around with settings etc 😛

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2020 at 9:27 PM, titchgamer said:

Yeah its seems to be selective about hyphens as will, "Halo - Combat evolved" transfered ok, "DOA 3 - Volley ball" didnt until I took the - out.
Very weird but never mind lol.

During development we came across double quotes, single quotes, apostrophes, hyphens, and others that looked similar but were not xbox legal (or supported in game). This was usually caused by some program the files had been through automatically changing filename characters. Another way was designers/artists using wrong characters because they were copying and pasting filenames from Excel, Word, Outlook or wherever, (again app's automatically changed characters).

If you need to quickly diagnose in future, you can confirm by pasting filename in HxD, along with the legal Xbox Characters KaosEngineer posted, then check the hex values.

All the ASCII and Unicode varieties of hyphens: http://jkorpela.fi/dashes.html 😀

Edited by corona2222
  • Like 1