OGXbox.com

Returning To XBox Modding After 8 Years :)

Josh999

Hello everybody. 

I'm currently getting back into the Xbox OG modding scene after a long break. . . 

I currently have two modded Xbox's with different chips fitted, currently trying to ID what chips are currently fitted?? 

One of the Xbox's has a large hard drive fitted, and the other is standard, any recommendations on what hard-drive to go for.?

Best regards

Josh    

4 hours ago, Josh999 said:

Hello everybody. 

I'm currently getting back into the Xbox OG modding scene after a long break. . . 

I currently have two modded Xbox's with different chips fitted, currently trying to ID what chips are currently fitted?? 

One of the Xbox's has a large hard drive fitted, and the other is standard, any recommendations on what hard-drive to go for.?

Best regards

Josh    

Hello Josh

And welcome to ogxbox.com

Hard drive wise I like the WD Black 2tb drive followed by Seagate Barracuda 2tb .

You will also need a Sata to IDE adaptor and a lot of modders swear by the Startech brand  and I have a couple but have also used the ones from china with only 1 faulty in the last 2 years.

It's recommended to replace the 2 caps with better quality ones .

IMG_20200621_121118.thumb.jpg.ca74e242273208741420d41b0486420e.jpg

You will also need a good quality 80 way IDE cable and wary of the cheap chinese ones as some are poorly crimped at the plugs.

Lastly depending of the age of the modchip you may need to update the BIOS as the older BIOS did not support a hard drive above 137 gig

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Cheers for the info chaps!

While i was away from the forum i bought another Xbox :) i think its a 1.6 clear/see through version. . . . plays Cd's & Dvds  but not games ??? only £15 so not too bothered .

i will try grab some photos of my mod chips to see if you guys can ID them.

Does anybody have a good UK source for mod chips??? 

Cheers 

Josh  

42 minutes ago, Josh999 said:

Cheers for the info chaps!

While i was away from the forum i bought another Xbox :) i think its a 1.6 clear/see through version. . . . plays Cd's & Dvds  but not games ??? only £15 so not too bothered .

i will try grab some photos of my mod chips to see if you guys can ID them.

Does anybody have a good UK source for mod chips??? 

Cheers 

Josh  

Are you trying to play original or backup disks?
Modchip choice if you want something new would be an Aladdin, basic but does the job. If you want a chip that can have multiple or larger bios and can be used with a lcd screen go for a openxenium.

2nd hand modchips are available cost and quality varies.

I'm going to be playing original disks and backups as i have a mix of both. . . i also like to run emulators and home brew software.

is the Hexen disk the easiest way to upgrade my older bios's and dashboards?? ( not clued up on the latest versions )

cheers  

The 1.0 - 1.4 Xbox I would reflash the TSOP and the 1.6 Fit a modchip

Do you know what chips are fitted ??

You could Flash the TSOP on one or both of the chipped Xbox's and use the chip in the 1.6

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...