OGXbox.com

Anyone Ever Tried a Flash Solution?

titchgamer

1 minute ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes and no if it under 137gig it will.

Run xbpartitioner 1.3 to set the F drive (Partition 6) to max and I would use 32kb clusters

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Ahh OK! 

Is that on the slayer disk or anything or is that a seperate download?

9 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes extract and FTP to E:drive then use the file explorer to locate the folder and run the Default.XBE file

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Ok so I have deleted partition 7 and put the space to partition 6, But I cant work out how to change the cluster size?

27 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Try with the default size cluster (16kb)

SS Dave

Soooo

I have re-done the install again after accidentally killing it 😛
I also now have a rather tasty 236gb F drive partition. 
I have also changed my dash to EvoX which I think looks a little nicer and lets me change more options.

BUT I still cant FTP anything over other than halo :s

Edited by titchgamer

37 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

on the top of the Xbpartitioner screen has it got LBA48 Patch V2 or V3 ?

SS Dave

I will get back to you on that, Just managed to kill it again LOL

Had a red light and a "you need a service" message after trying to inject a game into the SD card.....

So back on topic :D 

My double ended male connection (phwooaarrr) arrived today so I could connect up the CF card adapter.
dHz7Qvw.jpg

All works great! And its FAST, My FTP speeds have gone from 4 mb/s to 10-11 mb/s, Loading also seems faster but I cant confirm that atm but once its all up and running I will do some speed testing between the CF and the SD.

I noticed my temps are high though so I am going to change the thermal paste before any hard gaming goes on,  dont want to melt the chips after all this effort LOL.

I also noted when playing with unleash X it has a temp threshold, Am I right in thinking this shuts of the xbox if that threshold is met? Or does it just flag up a warning or somthing?
Seems a really good feature :)

What do you call up?

This has been idling for 6 hours.

IMG_20200725_144419.thumb.jpg.8b30cfa524dd5267af862b756b3afeeb.jpg

It's a 1.4 with 128meg ram and currently running a 2tb origins drive.

And I used Arctic silver 5 paste on the CPU only and painted the heat sink mat black.

Cheers

SS Dave

11 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

What do you call up?

This has been idling for 6 hours.

IMG_20200725_144419.thumb.jpg.8b30cfa524dd5267af862b756b3afeeb.jpg

It's a 1.4 with 128meg ram and currently running a 2tb origins drive.

And I used Arctic silver 5 paste on the CPU only and painted the heat sink mat black.

Cheers

SS Dave

CPU at 46 after idling for around 1 hour.

I have some MX4 paste but no cleaner atm, waiting for that to arrive.

Out of interest why paint the heat sink? Never heard of that before heh

Edited by titchgamer

I use wax and grease remover to clean the old paste off or you can use acetone(nail polish remover) then wipe over with isopropanol.  

The paint thing comes from when I would build engines I found that the pretty chrome looking ones always ran hotter compared to the boring black painted ones.

I noticed at least a 1 if not 2 deg celsius drop with the black heat sink and this was about 3 or 4 c drop on it's own

IMG_20191218_113817.thumb.jpg.328633a7c9ddf16ab2a52832688bc847.jpg

It all adds up.

Cheers

SS Dave

Just now, SS_Dave said:

I use wax and grease remover to clean the old paste off or you can use acetone(nail polish remover) then wipe over with isopropanol.  

The paint thing comes from when I would build engines I found that the pretty chrome looking ones always ran hotter compared to the boring black painted ones.

I noticed at least a 1 if not 2 deg celsius drop with the black heat sink and this was about 3 or 4 c drop on it's own

IMG_20191218_113817.thumb.jpg.328633a7c9ddf16ab2a52832688bc847.jpg

It all adds up.

Cheers

SS Dave

Oh thats cool, I have ordered some proper thermal paste cleaner but it wont arrive till Wed.
Hoping that a good clean and some MX-4 will bring the temps down allot, To be fair when I pulled the sinks off the other xbox which is running even warmer the old paste looked hard and scabby so I am not surprised tbh.....

jhY8U1u.jpg

17 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I don't normally worry about the GPU and I only do the CPU if the temps are high or the heatsink is able to move easily. 

Cheers

SS Dave

The heat sinks moved pretty easy once it had been on for a hour or so.

The clips were the hard part to remove, They just didnt want to unclip!

Just now, SS_Dave said:

I use a small pick tool or a small flat blade screwdriver at the back of the clip/heatsink to convince it to come off.

Cheers

SS Dave

Thats what I did, Was just worried about breaking them or slipping and hitting something else!

I figured I would practice on the one and fingers crossed all goes well!

Then re-do the 2nd unit to.

I had heard the original Xbox thermal paste was junk but yeah that stuff looks nasty lol