OGXbox.com

Controller Mods/Upgrades

BaconWizard17

Hopefully this is the right place for this.

Are any of the pieces of the Xbox One controller compatible with the OG Xbox? I'm mostly curious about the ABXY buttons and the joysticks. I know that Xbox 360 joysticks will work on the OG Xbox controllers more or less, but the Xbox One has a lot more options for custom controller parts, so I wanted to see if anything was transferable. 

Follow up: I did some deconstructing, and it seems like the only thing from the Xbox One controllers that will work on the OG Xbox controllers is the joysticks (I haven't verified since I don't have an Xbox One controller to deconstruct, but this seems to be the case). The buttons won't work; they have different patterns for the little slots, and they're different heights. Triggers are obviously out of the question without having to check, start and menu buttons are done completely differently so those don't work, and obviously the bumpers can't be subbed out for the black and white buttons. 

1 hour ago, BaconWizard17 said:

Interesting. I didn't know that was possible. I do kinda like the aesthetic of the OG controller though

If you like the og controller aesthetic, I suggest looking/reading these 2 reddit posts for inspiration on modding original xbox controllers. This and this.

What seems to be the easiest is to use generic xbox controllers for their shells, and modifying everything else to fit into it properly. Though there doesn't seem to be a formal write up anywhere, so you may have to get creative.