OGXbox.com

OpenXEnium and 1.6 Lpc Wire

H3is3nb3rg

Attempting a OpenXenium 1.6 mod and there appears to be an issue with the LPC board. I had it all completed and OpenXenium screen came up but after about 1-2 minutes (sometimes less) the fan will speed up, orange light flashes and Xbox powers down which appears to be either a overheating issue or there maybe some solder splatter I cannot see. I'm more than likely going to remove the board and wire it instead, or at least this is what I would like to do. 

Is there a diagram out there that shows where the header pins should be wired? I have looked and have not seen anything. I do have another board but would rather wire it if this is possible.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2020 at 12:58 AM, H3is3nb3rg said:

Attempting a OpenXenium 1.6 mod and there appears to be an issue with the LPC board. I had it all completed and OpenXenium screen came up but after about 1-2 minutes (sometimes less) the fan will speed up, orange light flashes and Xbox powers down which appears to be either a overheating issue or there maybe some solder splatter I cannot see. I'm more than likely going to remove the board and wire it instead, or at least this is what I would like to do. 

Is there a diagram out there that shows where the header pins should be wired? I have looked and have not seen anything. I do have another board but would rather wire it if this is possible.

Thank you!

im experiencing the exact same issue atm

the first time i booted it it worked for 5 seconds and then my screen turned all green

now it 3x cycle boot flashing green and red + the chip LED lighting red (static)... tried reflowing a couple time it does the same shit

any tips to de-solder the LPC board ?

Edited by NRK

1 hour ago, NRK said:

im experiencing the exact same issue atm

the first time i booted it it worked for 5 seconds and then my screen turned all green

now it 3x cycle boot flashing green and red + the chip LED lighting red (static)... tried reflowing a couple time it does the same shit

any tips to de-solder the LPC board ?

The 1st thing I would suggest is post a pic of the solder work.

What sort of modchip have you got?

I would also test to see if the chip is at fault or the main board by unplugging the mod chip and see what happens.

Removing the LPC rebuild board I would add fresh flux paste and solder then use solder wick to remove the solder at each connection but unless you have a good soldering iron and some experience you may cause more damage to the main board

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

The 1st thing I would suggest is post a pic of the solder work.

What sort of modchip have you got?

I would also test to see if the chip is at fault or the main board by unplugging the mod chip and see what happens.

Removing the LPC rebuild board I would add fresh flux paste and solder then use solder wick to remove the solder at each connection but unless you have a good soldering iron and some experience you may cause more damage to the main board

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

its an OpenXenium

tried booting with no chip .. same thing happens

rechecked everything and assured that every joint make proper contact , also checked for random solder speck around the working area and traces etc at least 8 times but still 3x cycle boot + frag

its late for me atm i will post pictures tomorrow

Edited by NRK

From your description, the System Management Controller is detecting an overheating condition and doing what it is supposed to do - speed up the fan for additional cooling, flash the front eject ring orange to indicate overheating detection then shutting the console off if the overheating condition persists to prevent damage to the CPU.

2 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

It doesn't look to bad.But the D0 point (next to the J1 link) is not soldered by the looks of it..

Also try linking J1 as that will force the Xbox to load from the LPC.

Cheers

SS Dave

but Dave, i already soldered a jumper wire on the chip exactly how described earlier in this topic

still have to bridge J1?

41 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

This is the solder joint that doesn't look right.

IMG_20200926_182612.jpg.d22369203bda7702499a603776aeebdb.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

linked J1 and resoldered the point

this thing still 3x boot and frag

And what happens if you unplug the mod chip?

As mentioned before a orange led is a over temperature thing but it could be a solder splash

Removing that rebuild PCB is to bad as its thin and will flex.

You will need some flux paste and solder wick to remove as much solder as possible the it may lift off, If not start at one end and very gently apply upward pressure as you heat each solder point.

Cheers

SS Dave

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

And what happens if you unplug the mod chip?

As mentioned before a orange led is a over temperature thing but it could be a solder splash

Removing that rebuild PCB is to bad as its thin and will flex.

You will need some flux paste and solder wick to remove as much solder as possible the it may lift off, If not start at one end and very gently apply upward pressure as you heat each solder point.

Cheers

SS Dave

Definitely de-soldering the PCB rebuild board and going with wires until i get really really good

Thanks for your help and tips anyway

4 hours ago, NRK said:

I have just had a version 1.0 with a orange light I got from the rubbish tip shop and it was a short under the pin header.

So start with returning it back to a unmodded state and booting to at least the flubber.

As for the rebuild PCB I have only ever fitted one and the rest went in the bin.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, aries said:

What bios are there for xbox 1.6?

The most common is the EvoxM8plus, there is a X2 bios that's made for a 1.6 but it is a 512kb size so you are limited to the chips that you can use it in..

Cheers

SS Dave

2 minutes ago, aries said:

So for OpenXenium only M8Plus 1.6?

Yes

On all my 1.6 build's I use the EvoxM8 plus and I use EVtools to set the default dash, EVtools can also edit the colors of the boot logo as well.

Cheers

SS Dave

• 2 years later...