OGXbox.com

3 hours ago, Paolo Mancuso said:

How Can I test it? With multimeter...ofcourse but where I've to put the pointer...?

Set your meter to VDC 20 volt

1569689282_meteronV-DC.jpg.ce4c6a87e7ef3f32a3084bfc3cbe29ba.jpg

Now put red prope on the arrow on the wii2hdmi and the black probe on HDMI metal shield

It should read 4.7 to 5.2 volt..

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

13 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Set your meter to VDC 20 volt

1569689282_meteronV-DC.jpg.ce4c6a87e7ef3f32a3084bfc3cbe29ba.jpg

Now put red prope on the arrow on the wii2hdmi and the black probe on HDMI metal shield

It should read 4.7 to 5.2 volt..

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I'll test it, thanks..

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

One of the spots with the arrows is a bad solder.

IMG_20200802_220641.thumb.jpg.a4bd852f356e188b3360fa84a653da8f.jpg

What version Xbox is it?

Cheers

SS Dave

It's 1.4 but I checked all the points with the points under the motherboard...now I'm not in my home...so I cannot check..☹️ 

Just now, Paolo Mancuso said:

It's 1.4 but I checked all the points with the points under the motherboard...now I'm not in my home...so I cannot check..☹️ 

Have you the Gerber file of 2.1 adapter...maybe the version that I have could be the cause of this kind of problem and also I don't have 1.6 version of pcb...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 2:16 PM, SS_Dave said:

One of the spots with the arrows is a bad solder.

IMG_20200802_220641.thumb.jpg.a4bd852f356e188b3360fa84a653da8f.jpg

What version Xbox is it?

Cheers

SS Dave

I tested, xbox is unplugged powered off, and the value on multimeter is 0. So I've to remove the adapter....right and solder back again..but there is some tips that I can use to check it before solder everithink, some check list to eliminate the possible mistakes?

2 hours ago, Paolo Mancuso said:

This is a test there are no 5 volt...xbox is unplugged from power...is not 

I tried with powered on console and I've 5 volts....sorry I'm not an electrician..and maybe I've not enough skill...but I modified a lot of console...without issue

486022AB-A031-4659-A33A-FFC87550A804.jpeg

Edited by Paolo Mancuso

• 3 months later...
On 8/14/2020 at 10:05 PM, SS_Dave said:

That is good

Dave

Hi, Dave I solved now my 1.4 is working with HDMI, just one more thing..there are some diagonal line from on game...from time to time...what cudl be? maybe can I put awire for the ground to remove this little issue?

20 hours ago, Paolo said:

Hi, Dave I solved now my 1.4 is working with HDMI, just one more thing..there are some diagonal line from on game...from time to time...what cudl be? maybe can I put awire for the ground to remove this little issue?

Are the caps in good condition near the heat sink.

As that could cause flickering on the screen.

Cheers

SS Dave

On 7/29/2020 at 6:30 PM, titchgamer said:

Bit of a shame I didnt jump in this thread sooner.

I got one of the pound HDMI cables through the post today and it just cuts in and out like its constantly loosing and re-finding signal :(

Will try it in the other box and on the other TV tomorrow but I wont hold my breath.

I hope you returned it for a refund.