OGXbox.com

On 7/20/2020 at 8:25 AM, SS_Dave said:

Well you get what your pay for I use the N64 version for my own builds and the wii2hdmi for a cheaper option

The wii2hdmi uses the left and right analog audio were the N64 freak's one uses the Digital sound(5.1 compatible)

Do you have the Wii2HDMI internalized? I tried a bunch of wii2hdmi adapters and wiring them up externaly (for flexibility), but they all have this wavey pattern through the image which is - apparently - to blame on the MSA9288A chipset used in these.

On 7/21/2020 at 10:35 PM, Localhorst86 said:

Do you have the Wii2HDMI internalized? I tried a bunch of wii2hdmi adapters and wiring them up externaly (for flexibility), but they all have this wavey pattern through the image which is - apparently - to blame on the MSA9288A chipset used in these.

I've had a shimmery effect (which I think you're describing) with both of my Wii2HDMI adapters when I run them through my receiver, the shimmer improves a lot after a few minutes to the point of not noticing (my guess is sync sensing). When I connect them direct to TV no shimmer effect, good image. My conclusion is it depends largely on the equipment (this is why I made two, and checked my soldering thoroughly and careful of heat time).

older wii2HDMI use  MS9282, I've read in two older threads people say the image with MS9282 is better than MS9288. Understandably eBay listings don't list which chip is inside but it would be good to see if the shimmer happens with an MS9282 wii2HDMI. (I notice it also has an SPDIF pin, would be interesting to see if this could be used).

Anyone know what chip N64Freak's board use? (if this is not a trade secret)

Edited by corona2222

9 hours ago, corona2222 said:

Anyone know what chip N64Freak's board use? (if this is not a trade secret)

I would say it is a trade secret as I have one from 2 years ago and has no numbers on the chips and I am not going to try and remove the glue on the newer version.

IMG_20200725_063700.thumb.jpg.803bdfbb75efb2f3b25cdf0a6e384f8e.jpg

9 hours ago, corona2222 said:

I notice it also has an SPDIF pin, would be interesting to see if this could be used

This has been talked about on FB and the consensus is no as the chip is not flashed to use the input,  seem to recall someone saying that they  tested it and didn't work.

The biggest thing with the wii2hdmi is the grounding needs to be 100%

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 1:37 AM, Paolo Mancuso said:

Not always..but frequently,I could say from time to time....

What chip is on the wii2hdmi (MS9282 or MS9288) and what version Xbox?

And any game it happens on more often?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 7/25/2020 at 2:55 PM, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

The chip is MS9288A the mainboard is 1.0 and I tried just splinter cell...

On 7/25/2020 at 2:55 PM, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

I can say that the noise in also on the xbmc4gamers dash....

52 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Can you take a resistance measurement between the 2 arrows.

IMG_20200729_175158.thumb.jpg.8866382ce0186e09c101eb7318869ade.jpg

It should be  0 ohm

Cheers

SS Dave

I've multimeter...but I don't how to measure it the console could be switched on? Can you explain me? Thanks Dave...

Have the Xbox unplugged

Set the meter to OHM

Hold the two probes together and take note of the reading on the meter.

Now put a probe on each arrow and you should get the same reading as when you held the probes together.

If you are still not sure post a pic of you meter

Cheers

SS Dave

12 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Have the Xbox unplugged

Set the meter to OHM

Hold the two probes together and take note of the reading on the meter.

Now put a probe on each arrow and you should get the same reading as when you held the probes together.

If you are still not sure post a pic of you meter

Cheers

SS Dave

353FC32A-8EB6-4E36-880B-509170A70393.jpeg

2B36B553-E7CF-4F3E-9E88-EBD78EE2CADE.jpeg

So I recently got my Wii2HDMI from AliExpress (took two months 😒). Tested in on the Wii to ensure HW was good. Worked perfect on my v1.1 but interference on my v1.4. Have not replaced the caps yet.  Should I just replace the three 3300uf 6.3v by the CPU or all caps on the mobo?

Wii2HDMI Xbox01.jpg

Wii2HDMI Xbox02.jpg

49 minutes ago, FerociousOG said:

So I recently got my Wii2HDMI from AliExpress (took two months 😒). Tested in on the Wii to ensure HW was good. Worked perfect on my v1.1 but interference on my v1.4. Have not replaced the caps yet.  Should I just replace the three 3300uf 6.3v by the CPU or all caps on the mobo?

Wii2HDMI Xbox01.jpg

Wii2HDMI Xbox02.jpg

Here’s a video about the much loved pound cable and the 1.4, I know it’s not exactly the problem you have but it does suggest changing the caps and a few other things. I use a pound cable and my 1.4 is the only one that has issues with the pound cable and changing the caps did nothing, but the caps did need changing anyway.

https://youtu.be/Hr5Ao4vFuE4

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ging3rguy said:

Here’s a video about the much loved pound cable and the 1.4, I know it’s not exactly the problem you have but it does suggest changing the caps and a few other things. I use a pound cable and my 1.4 is the only one that has issues with the pound cable and changing the caps did nothing, but the caps did need changing anyway.

https://youtu.be/Hr5Ao4vFuE4

Wow!... interesting video. Sounds like it could also be a power supply issue. My caps are not bulging/leaking but that doesn't mean they are good. I saw a seller on eBay selling replacement caps 3300uf 10v instead of the 6.3v. According to the seller M$ should have used higher voltage caps in the 1.2 - 1.5, can anyone confirm this won't be an issue?

26 minutes ago, FerociousOG said:

Wow!... interesting video. Sounds like it could also be a power supply issue. My caps are not bulging/leaking but that doesn't mean they are good. I saw a seller on eBay selling replacement caps 3300uf 10v instead of the 6.3v. According to the seller M$ should have used higher voltage caps in the 1.2 - 1.5, can anyone confirm this won't be an issue?

Using a higher rated voltage cap should be fine, not read about the 6.3v not being adaquate but have read about dodgy caps. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FerociousOG said:

There is no need to run a 10 volt cap inplace of a 6.3 volt but it won't do any harm

The caps next to the heatsink are running at 1.7 volt and the caps closer to the front are on the 5 volt supply.

The power supply issue the Pound POS has is because it was set with a diode inline with the 5 volt supply from the Xbox that causes a 0.6 volt drop to the onboard chip and by running a external power supply it bypasses the diode. Also the Xbox 5 volt is quite often only 4.8 volt so you then drop it 0.0 that give the Pound cable 4.2 volt to run 

I have seen the interference in the 2nd pic and the fix was better ground/shielding.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1