OGXbox.com

Hi guys,

So a close friend's og xbox had a loud pop and smoke when he plugged it in last month so I decided to give him a spare 1.4 that I TSOPed, put in a 2TB with all necessary parts. He purchased a Hyperkin HDMI and for some reason the there seems to be interference/noise (see pics)  on the 1.4 but not on my 1.1. Composite is fine on both. All the settings are the same on both og xboxes. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

composite14.jpg

HDMI14.jpg

Edited by FerociousOG

Yep trash that Hyperskin HDMI converter.

And the Pound cable is just as bad.

Its hit and miss it the Hyperkin and pound cables work on a 1.4 you could try a recap if that's not happen already

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

This is a internal wii2hdmi

IMG_20200714_115626.thumb.jpg.cde0bacd03c72ba57543f2088b59e721.jpg

I like this as in my view is a neater looking mod

IMG_20200612_194220.jpg.8dde1b0501f8d4f0158562f4faaaecfd.jpg

You can also get a external version that's plug and pray

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FerociousOG said:

Interesting, having same issues with random black outs playing some emulators...

Amazon-review.png

That's the same problem I had with the Pound piece of sh!t.!!

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Hi Dave, I've an issue with an internal mod..some noise audio crapping..tha image quality is ok but the audio...can I do something?
The adapter is the right one but white version non black... 

Cheers

SS Dave

IMG_3211.JPG

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

What's happening with the sound?

-Had the volume turned down yesterday. I'll check that tonight....

-I saw some capacitors on ebay. This sell describes that 1.2 to 1.5 need three capacitors replaced. For 1.6 need five capacitors replaced. Can some one confirm or should I replace all?

capacitors.jpg

4 hours ago, FerociousOG said:

-Had the volume turned down yesterday. I'll check that tonight....

-I saw some capacitors on ebay. This sell describes that 1.2 to 1.5 need three capacitors replaced. For 1.6 need five capacitors replaced. Can some one confirm or should I replace all?

capacitors.jpg

If one capacitor has failed you should replace all of the caps in the location and any Xbox's I fix for customers I replace then even if they look ok.

https://www.chimericsystems.com/product/replacement-capcaitor

I use  Digikey.com for my supplies and there are plenty of other electronic components suppliers around.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ging3rguy said:

How is the adapter attached, have you piggybacked over the existing av port or removed it?

It replaces the stock AVIP connector.

you need 2 PCB's

IMG_20200714_132619_1.thumb.jpg.e5df883136a24481c5e1a3d5256fc46e.jpg

The better HDMI conversion is the one from N64 freak.

IMG_20200715_045438.thumb.jpg.b9051e4e8c54335b5357afe3427adeb4.jpg

This is custom made for the Xbox

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 11:34 AM, SS_Dave said:

What's happening with the sound?

Cheers

SS Dave

Noise, crap...I don't know how to say in english..but is like cra-cra-cra from time to time...could be not enough ground point?

2 hours ago, Paolo Mancuso said:

Noise, crap...I don't know how to say in english..but is like cra-cra-cra from time to time...could be not enough ground point?

Check your connections, make sure the wires are crossing over to a minimum and away from other components as much as possible.

6 hours ago, Paolo Mancuso said:

Like a tick sound or a popping sound?

Cheers

SS Dave

3 hours ago, FerociousOG said:

Darn that is expensive! 😢

Well you get what your pay for I use the N64 version for my own builds and the wii2hdmi for a cheaper option

The wii2hdmi uses the left and right analog audio were the N64 freak's one uses the Digital sound(5.1 compatible)

Cheers

SS Dave