OGXbox.com

FatXPlorer and Backups

H3is3nb3rg

I'm trying to make my life easier and use the beta version of FATXplorer to copy an A$$ load of files to my HDD. It looks like i need to load and backup .bin to this and go from there. Now is that the eeprom back up or something else? I have the eeprom.bin but it said that was invalid. So I'm a bit stuck.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you

You can copy the contents of each directory to a USB hard drive or a  internal hard drive.

You mount the Xbox hard drive using FATXplorer Eg C dive to the default X drive on the PC then copy the contents to a folder called C Drive on the USB HDD

Then you mount the Xbox hard drive using FATXplorer Eg E drive to the default X drive on the PC then copy the contents of that to a folder on the USB HDD challed E drive

Now do the same for  F drive and G drive.

I use a stand alone cloner like this

Put the Master drive in A and the blank drive in B

Press and hold the red button for about 10 seconds and come back in about 3 hours for a 2tb 7200rpm drive and you now have a 1 to 1 copy.

IMG_20200624_080352.thumb.jpg.686e75c442751a23b23270b5192abb4e.jpg

And it doesn't need a PC to work.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

Is the drive locked or unlocked?  

I don’t believe that FATXplorer will work with locked drives.  

You might be able to unlock drive with your eeprom backup and xboxhdm, then mount the drive with FATXplorer copy your truck load of stuff over, unmount the drive and re-lock it (if needed).

Copying via FATXplorer is much, much, much faster than ftp.

Disc cloner is even faster one you have your original HDD sorted.

• Thanks 1

Yes you can

As an example I have copied the contents of F drive to a different hard drive in a I5 optimax desktop ( so a slow PC on a good day) at around 100 gigabyte an hour.

I have also seen people reporting around 90 minutes for 500 gig on a good PC/

I have found for this computer if a select smaller amounts of files it's a shit load quicker (I might need more than 2 gig ram I think)

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

I figured it out, my drive was locked. I unlocked it and mounted the drive to X. I can now see all my files.

I had to use slayers 2.7 and back up the drive files (.bin) and ftp back into the drive and pull the disk.bin file.

Thanks guys for the help, very much appreciated.

25 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes you can

As an example I have copied the contents of F drive to a different hard drive in a I5 optimax desktop ( so a slow PC on a good day) at around 100 gigabyte an hour.

I have also seen people reporting around 90 minutes for 500 gig on a good PC/

I have found for this computer if a select smaller amounts of files it's a shit load quicker (I might need more than 2 gig ram I think)

Cheers

SS Dave

16 files was what I had left of the first batch of stuff and it says 5 min to transfer, this would have taken half the day otherwise!

transfers.PNG

I still FTP but only if I have 4 gig or less other wise I pull the drive and connect to a PC even if is a Sata to USB it's still quicker.

That is also why I purchased a licence so when the full version is released I am good to go.

If the Xbox is hard modded (TSOP Flashed, Mod chipped) the drive doesn't to be locked.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1