OGXbox.com

Should the Aladdin Red Led Stay On Even When the Console Is Turned Off?

bulkchart32

11 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

No, here’s info on the pin layout. You could find out the led voltage and change the resistor and run a wire from one of the 3.3v supplies as they are only powered when the Xbox is on.

is it true that i need to cut a certain trace that goes to the xclyops chip?

This is how I prep the Aladdin modchip this way the led is switched in all version.

Cut the trace on the yellow line and add 2 links like the black lines

IMG_20200708_193309.thumb.jpg.dc358fd60baf88b9c74c35da9f29488e.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

This is how I prep the Aladdin mod chip the is way the led is switched in all version.

Cut the trace on the yellow line and add 2 links like the black lines

IMG_20200708_193309.thumb.jpg.dc358fd60baf88b9c74c35da9f29488e.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

will that make the led come on when the chip is powered from the xbox being turned on?

Edited by bulkchart32

1 minute ago, bulkchart32 said:

will that make the led come one when the chip is powered from the xbox being turned on?

Yes the led will be on if the Xbox is on and turn off with the Xbox's power button

Cheers

SS Dave

11 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes the led will be on if the Xbox is on and turn off with the Xbox's power button

Cheers

SS Dave

i just want to be 100% certain i see this correctly, i should cut the trace in front of that black resistor, correct?

3 minutes ago, bulkchart32 said:

i just want to be 100% certain i see this correctly, i should cut the trace in front of that black resistor, correct?

Yes that is correct

IMG_20200708.thumb.jpg.f2793696e6173bd5201832a55925158b.jpg 

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bulkchart32 said:

is it true that i need to also cut a trace on the xyclops chip?

You don't have to cut the trace if you are connecting the D0 to the modchip

There 2 reasons for why people are  cutting the trace at the Xyclops chip

1st is some modchips can not pull the D0 point on a version 1.6 to 0 volt and that causes the modchip to not function.

2nd is the current required to activate the D0 point on a version 1.6 is about 10 times that of a version 1.0-1.4 D0 point and there is some concern that if it's permanently held low it may damage the Xbox..

My preference is to cut the trace on a 1.6 and not worry about the D0 and on the version 1.0-1.4 to ground the D0 if it's getting a modchip as I can see no reason to ever use the on board BIOS but each to their own.

Cheers

SS Dave

54 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

You don't have to cut the trace if you are connecting the D0 to the modchip

There 2 reasons for why people are  cutting the trace at the Xyclops chip

1st is some modchips can not pull the D0 point on a version 1.6 to 0 volt and that causes the modchip to not function.

2nd is the current required to activate the D0 point on a version 1.6 is about 10 times that of a version 1.0-1.4 D0 point and there is some concern that if it's permanently held low it may damage the Xbox..

My preference is to cut the trace on a 1.6 and not worry about the D0 and on the version 1.0-1.4 to ground the D0 if it's getting a modchip as I can see no reason to ever use the on board BIOS but each to their own.

Cheers

SS Dave

is the concern that it may damage the xbox a valid concern?

25 minutes ago, bulkchart32 said:

is the concern that it may damage the xbox a valid concern?

I am on the fence on that.

I would lean on the side of caution and cut the trace but that's my opinion.

With Modchips like the X3,Xenium,Open Xenium I believe that the D0 point is only grounded when it's needed and at all other times it is left to float(meaning the pin can be anything from high to low voltage).

Cheers

SS Dave