OGXbox.com

Reflashing an Alladdin Chip.

bulkchart32

i have an aladdin chip that i'm going to be using on a v1.6 xbox. here's the thing, i'd first tried the chip on a v1.4 a few weeks ago and reflashed the bios for a non-1.6 console. so how do i reflash this chip to work with a v1.6 console? do i have to put it back on the 1.4 to reflash it?

Edited by bulkchart32

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Flash this BIOS in to the Aladdin modchip in a version 1.0 - 1.4 

evox_m8++_67.bin 256 kB · 2 downloads

This will support a 2tb hard drive and it will work on ALL versions of xbox.

It also has the DVD check turned off.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

how do i flash that bios to it? the open xenuim was a lot different. i used hexen to flash the alladin chip before but i don't know how to use a plain bin file to flash it.

Edited by bulkchart32

on the main screen you need 

launch menu

add new item

TSOP

then select the drive where the new BOS file is located ,I use any  STD usb and it shows up as drive H on my Xbox but just look for the drive just above X,Y,Z drives

or you can FTP the BIOS to C:\Bios 

You are going to have a problem with the Open Xenium on a version 1.6 because the firmware is not 100% compatible

https://github.com/Ryzee119/OpenXenium/issues/2

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

3 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

on the main screen you need 

launch menu

add new item

TSOP

then select the drive where the new BOS file is located ,I use any  STD usb and it shows up as drive H on my Xbox but just look for the drive just above X,Y,Z drives

or you can FTP the BIOS to C:\Bios 

You are going to have a problem with the Oen Xenium on a version 1.6 because the firmware is not 100% compatible

https://github.com/Ryzee119/OpenXenium/issues/2

Cheers

SS Dave

no, i meant how do i flash the alladin chip with a bin file?

Edited by bulkchart32

25 minutes ago, bulkchart32 said:

how do i flash that bios to it? the open xenuim was a lot different. i used hexen to flash the alladin chip before but i don't know how to use a plain bin file to flash it.

If you are flashing an Aladdin chip I use Xblast to flash them.

Cheers

SS Dave

Put the Bios files in a directory  on C drive called bios ""C:\bios""

Create a folder on C drive called Xblast  C:\Xblast

And FTP this  file there

default.xbe

Now using the file explorer go to C:\Xblast and launch the default.xbe .

You can also use the net flash option and flash from any PC on the same network as the Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Put the Bios files in a directory  on C drive called bios ""C:\bios""

Create a folder on C drive called Xblast  C:\Xblast

And FTP this  file there

default.xbe 253.75 kB · 0 downloads

Now using the file explorer go to C:\Xblast and launch the default.xbe .

You can also use the net flash option and flash from any PC on the same network as the Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

i don't know what a net flash option is. lol. i'll stick with xblast.

31 minutes ago, bulkchart32 said:

i don't know what a net flash option is. lol. i'll stick with xblast.

I think you are over complicating it. Put the bios.bin file in a folder called bios on C or E, make sure it’s a 256KB.bin. Load evox dash, navigate to flash menu, load the bios file and flash the bios.

7 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

I think you are over complicating it. Put the bios.bin file in a folder called bios on C or E, make sure it’s a 256KB.bin. Load evox dash, navigate to flash menu, load the bios file and flash the bios.

don't know where the flash menu is in evo dash.

On 7/10/2020 at 11:30 AM, bulkchart32 said:

i have an aladdin chip that i'm going to be using on a v1.6 xbox. here's the thing, i'd first tried the chip on a v1.4 a few weeks ago and reflashed the bios for a non-1.6 console. so how do i reflash this chip to work with a v1.6 console? do i have to put it back on the 1.4 to reflash it?

Yes