OGXbox.com

Reccomended Survival Horror Games ?

technoob

Dino Crisis 3 is not survival horror - its a horror of a game, an insult to the two previous games. Worst mistake I ever made in trying a game that had bad reviews was not believing them about this game.

Silent Hill 2 Directors Cut (Restless Dreams?) actually any version is one of the best survival horror games yet made. Fatal Frame I & II as ^^ said really good too.

Silent Hill 4 - not played it but have it. Reviews were, mostly, not good so if you thought it was "wow" any of those three should really blow your mind.

Curse The Eye Of Isis - is one I've played not yet mentioned but I would not recommend it. Generic, entirely derivative and just not done that well but not entirely awful.       

• Like 1

Dino Crisis 3 is not survival horror - its a horror of a game, an insult to the two previous games. Worst mistake I ever made in trying a game that had bad reviews was not believing them about this game.

@HDShadow

uhm... do you mean Dino Crisis 3 the "gun survivor" one (that sort of dinosaurs-themed House of the Dead which, yeah, kinda dissapointed me too) ? or the exclusive Dino Crisis 3 for xbox  (which should be more like the first two episodes as regards gameplay)?

Silent Hill 4 - not played it but have it. Reviews were, mostly, not good so if you thought it was "wow" any of those three should really blow your mind.

tbh, that's the opposite case for me. Actually I always kinda hated Silent Hill series, or disliked it for being too psychological, ambiguos, controversial, unrealistic... I always considered it just like Konami's reply to Capcom's series. BUT Silent Hill 4 was like... wow because it has a different approach than the other episodes. Actually it's my favourite one, I wonder why the critics were so harsh about it, maybe what p*ssed them off was the inability by the player to defeat ghosts which are, yeah, a great pain in arse throughout all the game XD (unless you got the famous "sword of obedience").

To me, my top 5 fav SH episodes is:

1. Silent Hill 4 (xbox)

2. Silent Hill Origins (PSP)

3. Silent Hill 2 (PS2)

4. Silent Hill 3 (PS2)

5. Silent Hill  (PS1)

Silent Hill 2 Directors Cut (Restless Dreams?)

is it any different than the PS2 version ? I would try if it there's a real difference (or improvement or else)

Curse The Eye Of Isis - is one I've played not yet mentioned but I would not recommend it. Generic, entirely derivative and just not done that well but not entirely awful. 

looks good by the screenshots, to me... I think I gotta try it thanks :)

Edited by technoob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 6:09 PM, HDShadow said:

I just went back on this topic to say that I agree with that, lol.

After finishing it, I feel very disappointed about this game. No nature, no forests, electro dinosaurs and where's Regina ? Where's the original gameplay of the series and why did it turn into a weird sci-fi platformer? Total fail. They could have made something like Just Cause, with a free roaming setting in a vast jungle... but no. 

Really, I gave that game 6/10 on gamefaq as quick review just because of the graphics... because all the rest is just a waste (and wow, I just saw the price for the unboxed version of this game is around 700$, lol). At least Gun Survivor 3 (the lame fps version for PS2) has a jungle in it!

Edited by technoob
  • Like 1