OGXbox.com

Back To Modding

H3is3nb3rg

Hello all and sorry for the "newb" question. I have just purchased 2 OG Xbox's, one is a 1.0(shown in picture) and the other is a 1.6. I currently have the 1.0 with a openXenium, upgraded to 2tb and just recently painted / led'd it up!  I have it booting to the openXenium screen, I can FTP to this machine and see all folders.

What I'm looking for is, what bios and dashboard do I need for these two? Its been years since I did this stuff and originally had the X3ce but sold it long ago......

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_20200708_161938.jpg

Edited by H3is3nb3rg

That paint job looks good

BIOS wise I use the X2-5035.57(512kb) or the IND-5004.67(256kb) and you can put both on the Open Xenium and try each out for yourself

iND-BiOS.5004.67.bin

x2.5035.67.bin

You can copy the 2 bios files to a USB to copy to the mod chip via the Launch menu,Add new item,Flash.

Both are bios are customizable via config files on the hard drive.

Dash wise have a look at the XBMC4Gamers.

https://github.com/Rocky5/XBMC4Gamers

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

That paint job looks good

BIOS wise I use the X2-5035.57(512kb) or the IND-5004.67(256kb) and you can put both on the Open Xenium and try each out for yourself

iND-BiOS.5004.67.bin 256 kB · 2 downloads

x2.5035.67.bin 512 kB · 2 downloads

You can copy the 2 bios files to a USB to copy to the mod chip via the Launch menu,Add new item,Flash.

Both are bios are customizable via config files on the hard drive.

Dash wise have a look at the XBMC4Gamers.

https://github.com/Rocky5/XBMC4Gamers

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

If I FTP these files over what folder do they go into? Or does it matter as I can point to them? and would dashboard go into the same folder?

The XMBC4Gamers would normally go in E drive XBMC folder.

The Bios files I would put in C drive and in a folder called bios "C:\bios"

If you can't find the config files on your hard drive here they are

ind-bios.cfg

x2config.ini

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

Did you get the prebuilt version?

This is the one I just FTPed to a xbox E Drive and I put it in a xbmc4gamers folder then was able to launch the default.xbe file with no problems

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iijsx2jdgp3t4fw/XBMC4Gamers.rar?dl=0

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Did you get the prebuilt version?

This is the one I just FTPed to a xbox E Drive and I put it in a xbmc4gamers folder then was able to launch the default.xbe file with no problems

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iijsx2jdgp3t4fw/XBMC4Gamers.rar?dl=0

Cheers

SS Dave

I'm getting this error when trying to write to the E drive

"550 Requested action not taken. IO error"

The clone and format thats built in to the Open Xenium was written long be for a 500 gigabyte HDD let alone a 2 terabyte.

XBpartitioner-1.3.7z

Use this to set the extended partitions 6 and 7 I set to equal max size then back them of a fraction as a example one of mine is set to 927.78 GB each.

That should sort out your problem.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

You could FTP the partition to E drive and run from there .
I would suggest you start from scratch and do a new large drive install from a install DVD.

Here is a link to the latest Hexen and burn it to a DVD-r at the slowest write speed you can.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/twii5uk0pjsfj0j/TruHeXEn2020.zip?dl=0

Cheers

SS Dave

You need the DVD drive and the new hard drive attached to the Xbox

Then insert the install disk in the DVD and power cycle the Xbox the hexen disk can take 60 -90 seconds to load.

Cheers

SS Dave

There is no need to format it in a PC 1st.

Fit the 2tb with the Sata to Ide adapter with the 80 way IDE cable you where trying to get going and refit the DVD player.

The load the Hexen disk and use the new install for large hard drive option.

Cheers

SS Dave

Sweet paint job h3is I'm jealous, how did you paint it? Taped it off and dumped a spray can? Talk about precision in those grooves man!

I never had any luck using FileZilla, WinSCP worked out better for me.

XBPartitioner has a help menu if you pres the Back button to show all the commands. If you just press A it will cycle through a few of the typical partitioning options, but like Dave said you'll need to split your drive space between F and G to keep each partition under 1TB.

From their man pages, here's the partition letter breakdown:

1 (E): Game save directory; also used as the default app install location.
2 (C): Operating system directory, do not modify anything here unless you know what you are doing.
3 (X): Cache drive. It is OK to format this.
4 (Y): Cache drive. It is OK to format this.
5 (Z): Cache drive. It is OK to format this.
6 (F): is an extra storage directory.
7 (G): is an extra storage directory, generally used if your HDD is bigger than 137GB.
8-14 (H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O): are memory cards or USB devices.

It is recommended to split the extra hard drive space evenly between the F and G drive to avoid potential file/folder limits of the filesystem.
Ensure that the top right corner says "Write & Format"; if not, press Y until it has this option selected.
Use 64KB clusters for a 500GB-1TB partition

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1