OGXbox.com

Analog Sticks

bulkchart32

XB360 sticks yes but you'll run into the same problem as the original Controller S sticks - the rubber around the edges of the thumb-pad wears out and eventually breaks. Duke controllers use a different more convex design with more meat on the thumb-pads but still fit the Controller S.  So if you have an old Duke controller you don't mind cannibalizing that's a good solution.  

Plenty of suitable replacement sticks can be found on Ebay but vary in quality.

I'm currently using as my primary Controller S one that has had both sticks replaced with those from a PS/PS2 Dualshock. The head is a tight fit through the receiving hole in the casing but they work perfectly. Only tried this recently after a recommendation on another forum to try it. I think I actually prefer the convex and thicker rubber thumb-pads to the original Xbox's thinner concave ones.

I've never worn out a PS/PS2 joystick thumb-pad in over 22 years of use but my three most used Controller S types are (or were until I replaced them) all partially worn down to the plastic underneath.

• Like 1

There is a device that was designed by a forum member here 

Look for OGX360 and you will also need a wireless receiver

I use one made by N64 freak as it's smaller unit and plug and play internal option 

The one on the left is from N64 Freak and the right is the original design by Ryzee119

IMG_20200509_105649.thumb.jpg.bc5e7daeccaf440de2db80f385b54b9d.jpg

As well as the adaptor you need a wireless receiver

The left is a 8bitDo that's for the Xbox One controller

The right  is M$ receiver that's for the Xbox 360 controllers

IMG_20200509_110016.thumb.jpg.d83daa4d4e7555d05d06b560835052a2.jpg

The last Xbox i fitted one to I rear mounted the USB port.

IMG_20200626_205203.jpg.bcb3d0490c37aa671cde81b8f81a0e9b.jpg

And one of the others I front mounted the USB

IMG_20200216_165428.thumb.jpg.f4be289f9457880559486640eca3dda7.jpg

Both the units in the pic's are 2 player and you can get a 4 player version if needed and with the internal version you can still use stock controller but why would you..

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

that's a cool mod but i have several issues with it. i don't really care for the xb1 controller, i've never been a big fan of them. also, if i used a xb1 controller then that would take away from the feel of using the og xbox. should just mod an xbox 360 or xb1 at that point.