FerociousOG

Is There a Way To Calibration the Dvd Drive?

4 hours ago, bulkchart32 said:

it's best to take a really hot iron and rake it across those solder points a few times to remove them. let me know hot it works out. which model and brand did u get?

Will do, I was planing on using solder wick to soak it up and then go from there.

Anyone know how to release the guide rods to remove the laser on these drives?

Please login or register to see this link.

Well I managed to get it done this morning with some help from my Wife :)

Operation laser change was a glowing success and I now have a fully working DVD drive again so I now have 2 out of 3 working :)

We also managed to repair a Xbox controller that had the broken cable fault, It was touch and go as I had to cut the connections to the board further back than I would of liked and ended up having to chop the cable past the ferrite core to get to the good cable but again 100% success so I am feeling pretty happy with myself LOL

EhuaPW5.jpg

Edited by titchgamer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, titchgamer said:

Operation laser change was a glowing success and I now have a fully working DVD drive again so I now have 2 out of 3 working :)

We also managed to repair a Xbox controller that had the broken cable fault, It was touch and go as I had to cut the connections to the board further back than I would of liked and ended up having to chop the cable past the ferrite core to get to the good cable but again 100% success so I am feeling pretty happy with myself LOL

will it read all your game disks?

On 9/19/2020 at 7:35 AM, titchgamer said:

i'm wondering if i should try another one. does the new laser even read games that have some scratches?

5 hours ago, bulkchart32 said:

i'm wondering if i should try another one. does the new laser even read games that have some scratches?

Its read the ones I tryed, Some are a little scratched but obviously the type of scratch will depend if the laser can read it or not.

49 minutes ago, titchgamer said:

Its read the ones I tryed, Some are a little scratched but obviously the type of scratch will depend if the laser can read it or not.

can u try some that have heavier damage but u know they have previously worked? the new laser i used would read a disk that was in really good shape but not any that had a decent amount of scratches. the reason i ask is because if u have good success then, i'm gonna try another laser swap.

11 hours ago, bulkchart32 said:

can u try some that have heavier damage but u know they have previously worked? the new laser i used would read a disk that was in really good shape but not any that had a decent amount of scratches. the reason i ask is because if u have good success then, i'm gonna try another laser swap.

Unfortunately I dont have any with heavy damage I can confirm worked previous.

I do have one game that has heavy scratches that came with the last xbox I picked up but I have no idea if it works as I never tested it.

Its fifa so I am shocked I never binned it already tbh lol

Personally I would say if it works leave it be and just play games from the HDD.

I only wanted the DVD drive working so I didnt have to swap drives when using slayers disk :)

• Like 1