OGXbox.com

Code 21 Error

bulkchart32

16 minutes ago, bulkchart32 said:

tried a sodtmod today. i used splinter cell and an exploit on a memory card. i get a frag and error 21 when i try it. what am i doing wrong?

https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/wiki/error_codes?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

How far are you getting with the softmod, if you are booting with the memory card attached at it goes straight to error 21 it sounds like it’s the memory card. Try booting and then attaching the memory card.

Just now, Ging3rguy said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/wiki/error_codes?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

How far are you getting with the softmod, if you are booting with the memory card attached at it goes straight to error 21 it sounds like it’s the memory card. Try booting and then attaching the memory card.

i'm loading it from yhr memory card to the hdd and then trying to load the save from the hdd. should i be doing it from the memory card instead?

So the exploited game save and the softmod game save are on the memory card. Turn on the Xbox and navigate to memory, choose the memory card and install the game saves to the Xbox. Reboot with your game, load save and the softmod should load. Depending on the game you are using you may have to do something slightly different before loading the exploited game save.

bulkchart32 - is the original SC game, Xbox and the game saves all the same region? With SC there are two sets one for PAL one for NTSC. All must match region.

You still have not described the point of failure sufficiently well. When you've booted the game and you're at the load menu are you selecting Checkpoints? Is it after clicking on that the error message appears?

Are the two saves you've installed from the flash drive just the numbered ID folders (5553000c and 21585554) nothing else? 

Are they actually showing up in the Xbox's menu: Memory > Xbox HDD?

Edited by HDShadow

2 hours ago, HDShadow said:

bulkchart32 - is the original SC game, Xbox and the game saves all the same region? With SC there are two sets one for PAL one for NTSC. All must match region.

You still have not described the point of failure sufficiently well. When you've booted the game and you're at the load menu are you selecting Checkpoints? Is it after clicking on that the error message appears?

Are the two saves you've installed from the flash drive just the numbered ID folders (5553000c and 21585554) nothing else? 

Are they actually showing up in the Xbox's menu: Memory > Xbox HDD?

it is ntsc. error 21 and frag happens when i select checkpoint. i have other saves on the memory card but i only copy over the splinter cell one to the hdd.

2 hours ago, bulkchart32 said:

it is ntsc. error 21 and frag happens when i select checkpoint. i have other saves on the memory card but i only copy over the splinter cell one to the hdd.

There is 2 game save the need to be copied to the Xbox 

Folder 21585554 and folder 5553000c

the 1st is called softmod???? and the 2nd is the Splinter cell

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.