OGXbox.com

Help? X2.6 With E:Drive Issues

sh0rtlife

anything else i should check or that im missing or "should probably add" before i go dumping my collections at it?

oh god thank you sooooo much i would have shelved it and started in on another box  without the help...and even then im not sure i would have gotten thru it

ill worry about "back dating" the apearance stuff if possible once ive got everything added and without issue..as i suspect its going to be impossible or more trouble than its worth

Edited by sh0rtlife

The old XBMC that was on you old F drive that you backed up have a look for the skin folder and copy the contents to the new hard drive.

If it was mine I would start again from scratch

1st Do a new install on large drive with Slayers

2nd FTP the xbmc I sent to you to E root

3rd Partition the F and G drives like you did before with xbpartitioner 1.3

4th FTP the x2config.ini file to E root directory.

5th Check you can see F and G drives in XBMC and are both 1tb each.

6th FTP the old skins from the backup you meade before  to the E::xbmc skins folder.

Now you can start to FTP you stuff back to the Xbox or better yet look for FATXplorer beta version and pull the hard drive from your Xbox and connect to you PC to copy the files to you Xbox hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

the only issue i see with starting over with slayer is that it is very persistent on installing everything to the new 2tb f drive, and no matter what i did i ended up with one issue or another as you saw..either way that was a whole can of worms id rather not repeat unless i end up with issues...for which ive made a hard copy of this thread for possible reference ..of course it could have been me overlooking something in slayer as well..the only benefit i think id see would be the included apps

pretty sure i allready have fatx on my primary pc as i needed it for wii modding before i setup this older pc on the work bench for doing this kind of work..and i imagine ftp'ing 1.25 tb would take a rather long time even on a crossover cable...of course this pc was to go into the arcade cabinet but hasnt made its way there yet as i ended up with another better mobo to do the job

It won't matter where slayers installs to as you will be putting the new and only needed XBMC to E drive  and leave C drive alone as it contains the MS dash just in case it ever needed.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Plus it's good practice for the next time you are setting up a new hard drive all though I have a master hard drive setup the way I like it and for new builds I clone in a stand alone HDD cloner

Insert the 2 hard drives and hold the red button for about 10 seconds and come back in about 3 1/2 hours for a 2tb drive

IMG_20200624_080352.thumb.jpg.8206e2037a2ecac1ab8e05fa374ba4a1.jpg

And no PC needed

Cheers

SS Dave

"if" i ever do another one thats exactly the route id go as well..my hope is to never need to do it again even if ive got 6 xboxs sitting in a stack...the next thing to do is to mod a 360 which ive never done, but my wife will be laid up most of next month due to surgery so im making sure shes got plenty of gaming she can do with or without me

• Like 2

if anyones around still....

2 things,..i think im doing something wrong

what exactly should a "game" structure look like on the xbox drive?...ive hunted and got  all manner of things for answers and nothing "definitive"

i seem to be getting "file to big" errors with some games

my assumption is it should be
f or g/games/folder "game name/all of the games data and folders

and not the iso, zip or other form of sillyness

or am i wrong?

52 minutes ago, sh0rtlife said:

if anyones around still....

2 things,..i think im doing something wrong

what exactly should a "game" structure look like on the xbox drive?...ive hunted and got  all manner of things for answers and nothing "definitive"

i seem to be getting "file to big" errors with some games

my assumption is it should be
f or g/games/folder "game name/all of the games data and folders

and not the iso, zip or other form of sillyness

or am i wrong?

This is a snapshot of one of my Xbox hard drives on FATXplorer

1332966542_XboxDirve.thumb.PNG.587e46e565500047cd465b907df86fb0.PNG

SS Dave

3 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

If a folder fails look for special characters like ( , !,&,%  that sort of thing in the file names or folder names.

SS Dave

SUPER DAVE TO THE RESCUE!.....

that screenshot is basicly what ive been hunting the net for..everything covers dvd cloning moving files etc but not once is there mention of file structure and the fact that it needs to be "raw" info and not an iso, clone, compression etc and thus my confusion

the xbox "can" be an emulator that runs zips and such ..just not its own games!..ive got a boatload of unpacking to do

There are two types of ISO files available on the Internet for Xbox games:  XISO-format dot iso files and redump archival dot iso files (usually larger than 4GBs).

The later cannot be stored on the Xbox's hard drive due to FATX's 4GB maximum file size.  You have to extract the XDVDFS portion of these ReDump-style disc images and either upload the extracted file set as is or create an XISO disc image and use the attach app and XISO mounting option of softmods or install the hardmod BIOS patcher to add the same hooks into the kernel to mount the XISO-format iso file.

so with the iso sets do you actualy save any space?...or load time?......i just got done de-compressing EVERYTHING and found i had to omit a total of 6 to get "everything"  onto the drives with 16g and 48g f/g respectively..id kill to get around that 2g limit

and i did see what you ment about the 4g limitation of what 3? games..tony hawk stands out as one of them

doing some game testing right now and getting stuck on loading screen.....should i be running them as "apps" or run them thru something.....this is where i love wiiflow for my wii mods, got some working atleast, but i need a shortcut for exiting back to xbmc....cause needing to reset the box on game swap...is gunna suck once i put this unit in service

sadly i dont forsee being able to implenment the old skin as i get an error about basicly being to old of a version

did a slight mod to the machine itself while i was in ther....noted the HDD to be staying HOT...hotter than id like for long, so cut out  a hole in the upright  of the hdd tray in front of the fan to help pull some flow thru

Edited by sh0rtlife

14 minutes ago, sh0rtlife said:

so with the iso sets do you actualy save any space?...or load time?......i just got done de-compressing EVERYTHING and found i had to omit a total of 6 to get "everything"  onto the drives with 16g and 48g f/g respectively..id kill to get around that 2g limit

and i did see what you ment about the 4g limitation of what 3? games..tony hawk stands out as one of them

doing some game testing right now and getting stuck on loading screen.....should i be running them as "apps" or run them thru something.....this is where i love wiiflow for my wii mods

sadly i dont forsee being able to implenment the old skin as i get an error about basicly being to old of a version

did a slight mod to the machine itself while i was in ther....noted the HDD to be staying HOT...hotter than id like for long, so cut out  a hole in the upright  of the hdd tray in front of the fan to help pull some flow thru

I have attached a thread about playing xISOs from your hdd.

ill look into the iso thing but im more curious about if it saves space or not

right now tho im more concerned with trying to solve the inability to exit a game without the need to reboot the box, this isnt going to fly after my wifes surgery or im going to become a remote control unit