OGXbox.com

Help? X2.6 With E:Drive Issues

sh0rtlife

1st fit new hard drive and if it's bigger than 500 gig use a 80 way IDE cable  and a Sata to IDE adaptor and set the hard drive to master

2nd load the Slayer disk in the DVD and power down the Xbox

3rd now power up the Xbox and it can take a minute to load Slayers the follow the prompts if the drive is brand new 

4th look for new large hard drive install and use that.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 minute ago, SS_Dave said:

1st fit new hard drive and if it's bigger than 500 gig use a 80 way IDE cable  and a Sata to IDE adaptor and set the hard drive to master

2nd load the Slayer disk in the DVD and power down the Xbox

3rd now power up the Xbox and it can take a minute to load Slayers the follow the prompts if the drive is brand new 

4th look for new large hard drive install and use that.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

should i start with something....civilized? in size ( say 200? or even smaller?)or just stuff the 3tb  that i intended right into it?

so fit it all with it booted up eh...ok

2 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I would just go with the 3tb drive but you need to manually set the partitions as non of the install disks will do that for you.

Cheers

SS Dave

so use xbpartition tool, or will i only need to worry about the partitioning of "extra space" after slayer is done with it?...trying to figure out what sizes things should be  as well

ok cool will do....what am i doing wrong with slayer?..its not bothering  and just going to error 13, i assume im doing something stupid with the burn or the drive wants some specific setting?

drive is currently a clean ntfs format

Edited by sh0rtlife

Error 13 is can not boot dash from hard drive

So it looking like the Xbox can not read the DVD disk.

With any disk I make for a Xbox I use Verbatim DVD-r blanks but and good brand of DVD-r should be OK I also write the disk as slow as the burning software will allow.

Cheers

SS Dave

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

Error 13 is can not boot dash from hard drive

So it looking like the Xbox can not read the DVD disk.

With any disk I make for a Xbox I use Verbatim DVD-r blanks but and good brand of DVD-r should be OK I also write the disk as slow as the burning software will allow.

Cheers

SS Dave

after a hand full of discs, memorex +rDL, dynex-r it doesnt like but the memorex +r it did...shrug?...here we go!

4 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Kernel version = 1.0.5035.1 means it has the X2 5035 BIOS booting from the modchip.

i was just going off this

You may need to upgrade the BIOS to X2-5035.67 as the supports F and G drives and it has no problems with 2tb hard drives

so i figured maybe the .67 might make a difference?

new drives working but will need to be made "old" looking LOL

so onto partitioning, ive been reading around something about a maximium of 1 tb  per drive partition?

all i know is right now its showing 2tb on f, but the other 1tb is...missing? is that a bios issue or just a flat limitation?

on testing emulation and loading times etc its VERY slow....drive size???? its about half the speed it was when loading but things do run smooth...i just want to get the partitioning figured out before i do a my 2tb dump on it...of course....if im stuck at 2tb ive got some weeding out to do

Edited by sh0rtlife

You will only get 2.2tb at best

You should have X2-5035.67 or the IND 5004.67 bios

You need to set F and G drive to 64kb clusters and 1024.00 gigabyte (from memory)

In some cases you need to use xbpartitioner 1.1 and set the partitions to something smaller than maximum like 900 gig each and reboot the xbox and then use then 1.3 version to set it to max size..

It pays to reboot between each step and sometimes it takes 2 attempts to get the max size on f and G drive

Cheers

SS Dave

ok cool it just doesnt show the .67 maybe?..maybe that doesnt matter?..if its truely important ill need some help chasing that down

ok so the 937 or whatever i was reading is the max per f/g, ill get it chopped down then, its a shame the 2tb thats currently in use as f cant just stay...i aassume errors would eventualy happen if i left it?

i assume its easiest to partition the f/g up and then re-use slayer to put all the updated emulators back on and then copy all my stuff off my clone back to it(allready did that in the current huge F)

a lil luck and i can get the partitioning done and start a massive data transfer before bed.....cause ive got a washing machine to repair tommaro

i clearly did something dumb along the way...xbmc shouldnt be on F ...slayer makes it "look" like since its a big hard drive that everything should be put on f...and points at E as useing an oem drive...when in fact you really want it all on E so you can format f/g ......or am i wrong

Edited by sh0rtlife

The way I setup my drives is I use xbmc4gamers on E: drive and the x2config.ini file is also on E:drive.

I then set xbmc4gamers as the 1st boot in the x2config.

You could use the move xbmc to E drive and edit the x2config.ini file to make it the default dash.

Cheers

SS Dave

6 hours ago, sh0rtlife said:

ok so the 937 or whatever i was reading is the max per f/g, ill get it chopped down then, its a shame the 2tb thats currently in use as f cant just stay...i aassume errors would eventualy happen if i left it?

Yes, something bad will happen once you hit the point of writing over 1TB of data to the drive.  Previously written files and folders will start disappearing - corruption of content already written to the drive.

10 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

H drive on my Xbox is the USB memory card

Q drive is a temporary drive setup by XBMC

Have you set the  partitions the F and G drives??

Cheers

SS Dave

i tryed, but then it wouldnt boot so in went slayer again which undid the partitions......whoever built the slayer setup should have addid the ability to pick your format sizes..it would have solved everything

ive re-done the partitions and slayer multiple times now...i can either have it working with a 2tb f or a non booting 927f and 927g

so im clearly noobing something

some consoles are soooooo simple while others just feel like a can of worms compounded by other things, i figured doing this ole girl would have been easy....now im kinda afraid to tackle the 360  and ps3 on the bench......the ps2 and wii were walks in the park by comparision ..now the wii i setup for my dissabled mother was ...a challange but nothing like this

Edited by sh0rtlife

When all the software and BIOS's was written for the Xbox nobody thought a 500 gig hard drive was possible let alone a 2/3 tb

You will need to manually setup the Xbox.

What dash are you going to use??

Cheers

SS Dave

ill run xbmc and "try" to roll its apearance back to the way it "was"....not sure its possible but thats my plan..either way xbmc makes sense to me so id like to stick with it...if i can get an installed os long enough to format f/g to do it

Edited by sh0rtlife