OGXbox.com

Softmod Question

Doublout

Hi everyone, first sorry for my English but I'll try to do my best.

I got a problem with softmoding my Xbox.

I followed step by step all the instructions from tutorials to softmod my box and I'm in front of a problem I feel the only one who it happens.

I'm in possession of a usb key 2Go and a usb/controller cable. I format it on my pc in fat, get in my box, got the error message then recognised by the box as memory card 2a, back in the pc using xplorer 360 to get the umod files in, and when back to the box, still recognising it as an empty memory card...

Got another usb key, same process for same result...

Any idea? 

For me it's only to emulate all old entertainment systems I got in my game room and avoid switching all the connections anytime I want to play from one to the other.

Anyway thanks a lot for taking some time to help me.

Greetings.

Format the USB in the xbox and not in the PC 

Use the Explorer 360 to copy files to the USB.

If the PC wants to format the USB click Cancel.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks for answering, as I said my English is a bit poor...

This is what I've done, first there's a message from the box telling that the memcard will be formatted, when I reboot the box it appears as an empty memcard on port 2a, then files with xplorer 360, and still looking empty when back on the box...

1 hour ago, Doublout said:

Thanks for answering, as I said my English is a bit poor...

This is what I've done, first there's a message from the box telling that the memcard will be formatted, when I reboot the box it appears as an empty memcard on port 2a, then files with xplorer 360, and still looking empty when back on the box...

Try using FATXplorer the beta version can now write to a Xbox drive and memory card.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

Another cause of an empty flash drive (one not being reported as unformatte, just empty or content unknown) is that the exploit/installer games saves have been incorrectly copied to it.

You must only have the numbered folders on the flash drive, nothing else.

I'm 99% sure it is not that in this case as it sounds like yet another way flash drives and Xboxes do not always work happily together and many can not be made to do so. Its just a matter of trying others for compatibility until you find one that is. 

When you put the Xbox memory card/USB in the computer close all the popup windows

Then open xplorer360 program 

Then insert the folder 21585554 to the memory card

Also insert the folder 5553000c to the memory card

The memory card should only have the 2 folders on it.

Cheers

SS Dave

Got it with the psp, wow you're all huge people over there, a thousand thanks again for all, I think moderator can close this topic.

What I just can say is that on every tutorial, they say that if the card is recognised by the box it means it will work, well I can say no, but so glad I didn't fell up . 👍👍👍

And for you all: 👏👏👏