OGXbox.com

Best Dashboard Recommendations?

bulkchart32

32 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

Check out Rocky5’s github page and his YouTube channel. There is a prebuilt version and one you can build yourself with xbmc.

You can install it as an app in unleashx and then make a shortcut.xbe, replace evoxdash.xbe on C and then it will load on boot.

how do i install it as an app? just ftp it to the apps folder?

If you're doing the shortcut thing you do need to find the Xbox's Short Cut Maker PC tool to be able to create the shortcut.

By default the tool is set up for XBMC "e:\apps\Xbox Media Center\default.xbe" you must make sure to put in the correct path that you are actually using which will more likely be E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe. You can usually leave the pre-selected shortcut ID box as it is "FEFEFEFE" but note that if you want to change it because it conflicts with an existing UDATA/TDATA ID it must be 8 characters made up of 0 - 9 numbers and/or A - F letters.

When changing a main dash XBE for a shortcut XBE: always test the shortcut works first before replacing the existing main dash for real. 

A C:\evoxdash.xbe main dash will not be there with most softmods, it'll be E:\evoxdash.xbe so check your UnleashX system settings to see what path your main dash uses.

If it is a hardmod of some sort it will likely be C:\evoxdash.xbe but even that should be checked first.

Edited by HDShadow
  • Like 1

Wish I could have edited that ^ so sorry to double post but I found this was actually relevant and has some helpful pics and info, particularly in regard to the Shortcut Maker.

The link to a pre-made shortcut works too but as I said above its specifically for the default name and location used by the Shortcut Maker and should not be used if your path/name is different, which it very likely will be.

Edited by HDShadow
  • Like 1