OGXbox.com

Slayer 2.7 Install Suggestions ?

technoob

So I got Slayer 2.7 properly running on a DVD-R, but I don't know where to start from .

I know some options can ruin the HDD or the XBox so I would need to know what is the correct installation procedure. I have a 120Gb HDD (a compatible Maxtor, according to this list Xbox Hard Drive Compatibility Chart ) that is connected instead of the previous one (that works fine with Evox already running), but I literally don't know what to do once the functions list of the installer appears on screen.  For example, I don't know about Kernel compatibility, if the HDD is to be considered as RETAIL or UPGRADE/BIG HD, etc.

I'm not completely sure, but I think my consolle is Hard Modded, because I've read somewhere that if the seals have holes around the screws or if the screen flickers a bit then it means it's a hard mode, but again I'm not sure. I don't really want to touch the internal part of the console more than the necessary to check it out (I've been told the modchip is visible somewhere), honestly.

Any suggestion from somebody who already installed it?

Edited by technoob

Ok, but where do I start from ?

Do I have to format the disc first or do other things in order to make the XBOX recognize the HDD ? Sometimes I get the 5 error code (meaning that it misses the C partition and doesn't load the dashboard, so I've read) after installing it all. It copies all files correctly (as I see the partition free space decreasing as files get copied) but when I reboot without the disc it displays the 5 error code, some other times the 16 or 13 (I don't remember which one tbh)

What if I'm wrong and the consolle is actually softmodded ? As I said, I'm not completely sure about it. Is there another procedure to follow for a softmodded consolle ?

Edited by technoob

11 hours ago, technoob said:

So I got Slayer 2.7 properly running on a DVD-R, but I don't know where to start from .

I know some options can ruin the HDD or the XBox so I would need to know what is the correct installation procedure. I have a 120Gb HDD (a compatible Maxtor, according to this list Xbox Hard Drive Compatibility Chart ) that is connected instead of the previous one (that works fine with Evox already running), but I literally don't know what to do once the functions list of the installer appears on screen.  For example, I don't know about Kernel compatibility, if the HDD is to be considered as RETAIL or UPGRADE/BIG HD, etc.

I'm not completely sure, but I think my consolle is Hard Modded, because I've read somewhere that if the seals have holes around the screws or if the screen flickers a bit then it means it's a hard mode, but again I'm not sure. I don't really want to touch the internal part of the console more than the necessary to check it out (I've been told the modchip is visible somewhere), honestly.

Any suggestion from somebody who already installed it?

If you have removed your old hdd and put in the new hdd with slayer’s and it loads to the options page it is a hard mod, if you get an error 7 it is probably a softmod. You can also tell from the start up screen. Does it say something like xecuter 2 or evox?
What are you trying to do, is it just a hdd upgrade?

Yep, even without HDD the first screen is the green fluid animation, with "Evox" on an orange rounded-triangle shape on the top left of the screen. If I just press the power button it gives me error, if I hold the power button the circle around the "X" button (on the consolle) becomes orange/red and the dashboard starts (if the connected HDD is the original one, with Evox and stuff, obviously).

Yep, I just want to upgrade the HDD, as I said. 120GB Maxtor already compatible with Evox according to the Compatibility Chart. So I just wonder what's to be done correctly to make it work (recognized by the system, then making the system load the start dashboard on C ). Of course I think games and apps go in F as it's the largest.

So it is a hard mod. Install your new hdd and load the slayer’s disk and reboot. It will load to the slayer’s options menu. You want the new install upgrade hdd option. Just follow the instructions, you don’t need a backup as you have your original with everything on and you don’t need to lock the drive.