OGXbox.com

On Off On Off Frag

Canhaotigerpaw

The chip is out. It doesnt go to splash screen. So i dont have an error code to refere to. The thing is i power it on and it goes off and cycles on off until it stopes and gives me the cycling lights. I have 3 more xbox 2 softmodded and 1 hardmodded with aladdin chip with no pinheader just wired. This one is my first xbox that i screwed with a softmod....thats why i tried to put a chip on it. The d0 for me isthe most dificult to put on as it always comes lose. My hard moded xbox sometimes does the same as i power it for the 2 secs predicted to power the chip.it only  goes to the chip wen it gets to temperature after running for a few minutes in the other mode.

Edited by Canhaotigerpaw
More

2 minutes ago, Canhaotigerpaw said:

The chip is out. It doesnt go to splash screen. So i dont have an error code to refere to. The thing is i power it on and it goes off and cycles on off until it stopes and gives me the cycling lights. I have 3 more xbox 2 softmodded and 1 hardmodded with aladdin chip with no pinheader just wired. This one is my first xbox that i screwed with a softmod....thats why i tried to put a chip on it. The d0 for me isthe most dificult to put on as it always comes lose. My hard moded xbox sometimes does the same as i power it for the 2 secs predicted to power the chip.

Regarding the D0 use the point on the underside for your version of Xbox it’s a lot less fiddly. If you do want to use the point on top expose a bit of the trace to make it easier.

So was the Xbox working okay before you tweaked the softmod?

1 minute ago, Ging3rguy said:

Regarding the D0 use the point on the underside for your version of Xbox it’s a lot less fiddly. If you do want to use the point on top expose a bit of the trace to make it easier.

So was the Xbox working okay before you tweaked the softmod?

Yes i did that years ago. And in the processe of young age i managed to lose all content in the hdd back then. So thats why the chip.Had this xbox stored ages ago. Can it be the psu?

1 minute ago, Canhaotigerpaw said:

Same thing. Now i think i just screwed burned the d0 point on both sides of the board..... Fk.as this is a 1.0 i think theres nothing i can do anymore. Might scrap the Mb and salvage the rest for parts... FK

If you can get it to run you can tsop, you can probably still get a D0 point by just by exposing some of the trace. You can make an eeprom reader for £3.00 and rebuild the hdd.

I think it is most likely a bad cap but you can only really test them off the board.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

If you can get it to run you can tsop, you can probably still get a D0 point by just by exposing some of the trace. You can make an eeprom reader for £3.00 and rebuild the hdd.

I think it is most likely a bad cap but you can only really test them off the board.

It doesnt goes to xbox screen so cant do y thing.Might get it to a repairman to see what he can do. D0 point Its to small of a trace for me to get to it without ruining it more.

23 minutes ago, Canhaotigerpaw said:

It doesnt goes to xbox screen so cant do y thing.Might get it to a repairman to see what he can do. D0 point Its to small of a trace for me to get to it without ruining it more.

You probably should post a pic of the board around the spot where the soldering has been done.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

10 hours ago, Canhaotigerpaw said:

The chip is out. It doesnt go to splash screen. So i dont have an error code to refere to. The thing is i power it on and it goes off and cycles on off until it stopes and gives me the cycling lights. I have 3 more xbox 2 softmodded and 1 hardmodded with aladdin chip with no pinheader just wired. This one is my first xbox that i screwed with a softmod....thats why i tried to put a chip on it. The d0 for me isthe most dificult to put on as it always comes lose. My hard moded xbox sometimes does the same as i power it for the 2 secs predicted to power the chip.it only  goes to the chip wen it gets to temperature after running for a few minutes in the other mode.

are u sure u soldered to the correct point for d0? it's different on the 1.0, 1.1's than any of the rest.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Canhaotigerpaw said:

My hard moded xbox sometimes does the same as i power it for the 2 secs predicted to power the chip.it only  goes to the chip wen it gets to temperature after running for a few minutes in the other mode.

That sounds like a dry solder joint on the modchip to main board or your D0 joint is bad.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, bulkchart32 said:

i always search for a web site that lets me compress an image to less than 2mb and load it here. try that.

You can upload the image here and then post the link on here if you like.

https://postimages.org/

Cheers

SS Dave