OGXbox.com

Original Aladdin Advanced Mod Chip

Rochdaleguy

Hi all.

Came across my old original modded Xbox in loft the other day and had a play and realised I’d missed it.

Decided to get back into the scene and do some updates on it. Increase hard drive from 160gb to 2tb and a few other bits and pieces..

i have the old Aladdin Advanced mod chip which boots to evox on long power press and stock on short. Now as Xbox live is no longer a thing on original Xbox, I’ve no further need to keep booting to stock as default.

Whats the best way to alter it to have it boot with the chip active all the time? Or is there still a benefit to dual boot? If so can I switch the long and short presses around?

Been a long long time since I messed with these things.

All help appreciated.

CC52FFFB-8FEF-4937-B99D-E414103B3060.jpeg

Edited by Rochdaleguy
Spellings

Just connect BT with the first pin on the left in the upper row and remove the BT point cable from the board.

Thats it.

CC52FFFB-8FEF-4937-B99D-E414103B3060.thumb.jpeg.4ccca8e5fc6dc7354e7e690c2eefd658.jpeg

EDIT : And no benefit for disabling the chip. Btw. you may consider to install XBMC4Gamers along with the resource pack (linked below (DL-Links on side 4)) :

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
removed some typos since it's not my native language. ;)

You need to link the BT to pin 2 (ground )as in this pic and also the wire (Blue Arrow)from the BT that is going to the front of the Xbox.

CC52FFFB-8FEF-4937-B99D-E414103B3060.thumb.jpeg.4ccca8e5fc6dc7354e7e690c2eefd658.jpeg.0a3e01b4e3953670a05e102c88c4374d.jpeg

And then flash a IND5004.67 bios to it as the Evox M8 will not support a 2tb hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

3 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Just connect BT with the first pin on the left in the upper row and remove the BT point cable from the board.

Thats it.

CC52FFFB-8FEF-4937-B99D-E414103B3060.thumb.jpeg.4ccca8e5fc6dc7354e7e690c2eefd658.jpeg

EDIT : And no benefit for disabling the chip. Btw. you may consider to install XBMC4Gamers along with the resource pack (linked below (DL-Links on side 4)) :

You have grounded the D0 wire in the pic you posted and not the BT wire.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

You have grounded the D0 wire in the pic you posted and not the BT wire.

Damn, you're right. Hope the OP was smarter than me and saw that im pointed him to the wrong pad.

Anyway, thanks for correcting me an shame on me for that. Next time i have to pay a little more attention.

Maybe a Mod can remove the picture since i can't edit it out.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

3 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Damn, you're right. Hope the OP was smarter than me and saw that im poinet to the wrong pad.

If it was a standard aladdin modchip that would be correct and it's a simple mistake

If you become a paid member you can edit you own posts, The membership is about the same cost as a coffee in a cafe.

https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/store/category/2-membership-subscriptions/

Cheers

SS Dave

On 6/28/2020 at 4:15 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Thats it.

Loving the XBMC4Gamers I’ve put on my system. I’ve made it my default dashboard.

Cant work out the IGR though. System fully reboots to xboxdash.

anyone know what combo Key press it is?

If you used the IND bios 

edit the ind-bios.cfg file that's on the C drive to

DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\xbmc\default.xbe

That will load the XBMC4Gamers from a cold and warm boot.

I also set auto login in the xbmc4gamers settings 

Go settings,Skin settings,Login,Auto login.

Cheers

SS Dave