OGXbox.com

Weird Thing Happened When Trying To Ftp Games To My New Hdd.

bulkchart32

i was ftp'ing games onto my new hdd when filezila suddenly error'd. when i went to check my xbox the dashboard said i have 0mb left(i had over 2,000gb on this partition) on e drive and games management said i only have 3 games installed. i deleted the games and the dashboard was saying i only have 3,000+mb's free. long story short, i kept messing around with trying to reformat the hdd and put about 1024gb on 2 partitions but the dash board would only show that i had a little over 3,000mb on each partition even the partition wizard was saying i had 1024gb on each partition. what the heck is wrong with this thing? i'm currently erasing the hdd in my pc and writing all 0's to it. then i intend to try it again but i have no idea if this gonna fix it. btw, i have an aladdin chip(5004 f and g bios), 80 wire ide cable, and 3tb barrcuda seagate drive.

Have you tried to make the F and G partitions 998 Gig  1st then reboot and then have a look if it's working then up the size to max and remove 1 gig from each drive and see what happens

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Sounds like you have the wrong cluster size. You have to formate the drive twice to get the right 64k cluster layout for both (F&G) partitions. In the first run xbpartitioner will use only 16k for the F partition.

So do it like Dave said. Formate the drive by reducing both pations F & G a little bit. after that simply start over (no reboot required) and max out the partition size. Reboot and voilá it works.

26 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

You may also need to start with using the version 1.1 of the partition program 1st the use the 1.3 version 

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

can u give me a link to the 1.1?

Sorry I can't work out where the use of XBPartitioner v1.1 comes into this.

In the linked video the guy uses XBPartitioner v1.3 both times.

Its a weird glitch I'd not read about before - is it BIOS related or just a general 2TB HDD issue?

What happens if you use Chimp 261812's extended partitioning tool - same  problem?

44 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

Sorry I can't work out where the use of XBPartitioner v1.1 comes into this.

In the linked video the guy uses XBPartitioner v1.3 both times.

Its a weird glitch I'd not read about before - is it BIOS related or just a general 2TB HDD issue?

What happens if you use Chimp 261812's extended partitioning tool - same  problem?

the 1.1 didn't tend to ER when i was trying to change partition sizes. hitting the partitions with 1.1 and finishing it with 1.3 seemed to do the trick. i'm ftp'ing alot of games to the xbox as we speak.

• Like 1

I went though the same with  a 2tb and X3 chip there is a glitch in the xbpartitioner 1.3, That's why you create the F and G partitions with the version 1.1 to around 900 gig per partition and that creates the 2 drives and then run 1.3 and increase the size of F and G partitions to reset the size to maximum minus a few kilobyte to increase the size of the drive's.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 2